1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Photokina Summary

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by JoeFriday, Sep 26, 2010.

1. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    I haven't been doing a great job of following the announcements out of Photokina, altho I've picked up on a few things here and there. Apparently there was no earth-shattering micro four-thirds product introduction. I was hoping there would be more lenses coming out.

In case I missed something, can we get a quick rundown of all the pertinent m43 stuff in one thread?

2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    GH2, 14/2.5, 100-300. Some vague announcement about future lenses by Panasonic, and some confusing announcements by Olympus regarding future focus on m4/3 but also continuing their work on 4/3. That's about it.

3. JoeFriday

JoeFriday Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Not exactly a blockbuster event for us, eh? Thanks for the update, Dragos!

4. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
  5. photoSmart42

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Well, no I suppose it wasn't earth-shattering for the m4/3 community if that's what you mean. The two really exciting products for me were the Fuji X100 and the Sigma SD1. If they actually go into production, and if they deliver on their promised IQ, I'm likely moving away from the m4/3 format (I may keep my GH1, but who knows...).

6. lvbuckeye

lvbuckeye New to Mu-43

Sep 5, 2010
    Lensbaby came out with a dedicated m4/3 application, the Tilt Transformer with Composer. you can remove the Composer and use the Tilt Transformer as an adapter for any Nikon mount lens.

7. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    That Sigma SD1 has the specs of a very capable camera.
    If the chinese adapter makers are going to do the adapters like for µ4/3, this might well be my future camera.

C U
    Rafael

8. photoSmart42

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    They already have adapters for the Sigma SA mount, so no need to invent new ones. Clearly you can't fit as many adapted lenses as you can on the m4/3 system, but supposedly it's easy enough to modify them for EoS mount (with electronics working) and R-mount in addition to other adapters.