1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Photokina 2014

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by danieru, Aug 13, 2014.

1. danieru

danieru Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Netherlands
    Daniel
    It's nearly that time of year again, last time I went with my cousin who didn't share the photography excitement, was kind of a let down, everytime I got excited about holding a new camera or lens I got the look of you big old weirdo/NERD! Hahaha

Would love to meet other people who share the same photography (m43) enthusiasm, is anyone going and care to meet up?

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I can't imagine a worse situation that to finally make it to a really big "whatever" show and be with someone who wasn't interested. I'd give him $20 and tell him to wait in the bar.

3. danieru

danieru Mu-43 Regular

Nov 6, 2011
    Netherlands
    Daniel
    Yeah I couldn't really do that, him being familiy and he brought his then girlfriend with him, just wasn't that fun is all.

And it's not that he doesn't have anything to do with photography, he's a Nikon person himself, I guess the expectations about photokina didn't match up with what he was expecting.

He thought it was going to be a place where you could buy photography stuff for cheap prices, did tell him beforehand what it was all about, but you know with some people, in one ear out the other.