Photojournalism with m43. Yes we can!

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Nico Foto, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Nico Foto

Nico Foto Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 30, 2011
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Hi all,

A few days ago, Uruguay (the country i live in) won the 2011 edition of "Copa América" of football (soccer), probably the most popular sports tournament in South America, and one of the most watched TV events in the world. In the aftermath of the final victory, thousands of Montevideans flooded downtown streets in an spontaneous celebration that lasted for several hours - this is a country that breathes football, so it was pure joy.

I went out the streets with my GF1 to capture the energy of that moment. I had a blast with the camera.

I gathered a picture gallery with some frames from the event, and wrote a post script with some thoughts on using m43 for street and reportage shooting.

Uruguay-Campe%C3%B3n-de-Am%C3%A9rica-2011_www.nico-foto.com-13.

Uruguay Wins Copa América 2011 | NICO-FOTO

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Nico.

• Like Like x 4
  2. PSimmons

PSimmons Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 24, 2010
    Central Florida
    Brilliant, congrats to you and your countrymen. I'm a big Liverpool fan and Suarez is quickly becoming a legend. Hopefully he'll continue his fine form

3. Nico Foto

Nico Foto Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 30, 2011
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Hey thanks for the comments. Suarez at this point already *is* a legend locally - he played a big role on the Uruguayan team campaign.

Don't forget to check the rest of the pictures and my thoughts on street shooting with m43 here:

Uruguay Wins Copa América 2011 | NICO-FOTO