1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Photography blog name [help please]

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by marcusmichaels, Jun 25, 2013.

1. marcusmichaels

marcusmichaels Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    London
    Marcus Michaels
    Hey forum,

I've decided to start a photography blog and I need a name. I've already got photologist.co.uk and uncookedpixel.com and .co.uk so I'm trying to decide between the two and the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure if either are right... What do you guys think out of the two of them?

I've had a think about the various content streams which are going to be things like:

- Behind the Scenes originals (like this: https://vimeo.com/27404348)
    - Tips and Tricks (like this: A Brief Guide to Stop Motion | Modest Innovation)
    - Gear reviews / showcase
    ...as well as other aggregated content from around the web. The whole blog will be very London focused as that's where I live so gathering content will be easier.

And that's where I am now. What do I call it?!

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    My first thought is that the actual name of the enterprise is of much less importance than the content. I would suggest channeling your angst with the name into creating interesting content, launching with one of the names you are considering (flip a coin if you need to) and then let the name come to you organically as the blog evolves. In other words, don't let coming up with the "perfect" name for the entity prevent you from actually creating the entity.

As far as the names you're already registered I'd lean toward "uncooked pixel" simply because "photologist" comes a bit too close to proctologist in my mind (but that's probably my own personal neurosis, which I hope by stating it that I have not now infected you with).

Whichever you decide, please update us once the site is live so that we can check it out.

3. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I vote for uncookedpixel!!!

4. marcusmichaels

marcusmichaels Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    London
    Marcus Michaels
    Uncooked pixel it is! I actually had that name 2 years ago for when I made a couple of photo related vlogs. As for the content, I wholeheartedly agree. I'm actually a Content Creative for an agency so I'm looking forward to having some fun with this.

Will keep you updated.

5. khuntoria22

khuntoria22 New to Mu-43

Jun 3, 2013
    Uncooked pixel it is! I actually had that name 2 years ago for when I made a couple of photo related vlogs. As for the content, I wholeheartedly agree. I'm actually a Content Creative for an agency so I'm looking forward to having some fun with this.

6. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    You guys confused me! Who is who? :tongue:

7. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    The second appears to be a pretty unsophisticated spammer. Other than this post, this user's only other two posts are spam (or at least contain off-topic links).