Photographing Ilhan Karabacak

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by StudioHeraBell, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Shot with Lumixx GH2. In studio. There are sooooo many more images from yesterday's shoot. It is worth visiting the Blog post. Thank you for commenting and critiquing my images.

My Photo Ramblings: Photographing Ilhan Karabacak

• Like Like x 2
  2. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Love it

Hi Hera, I love this image and find it one of those you keep looking at time & time again - superb!

My personal preference would have been to crop it even closer just at wrist level and keep it in the square format so it really brings the viewers attention onto the subjects face.

I will look at the others later when I have more time but had to feedback on this superb shot.:2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Great Stuff Hera! I especially like number 5... has a sort of Pierre et Gilles feel to it
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ian, thanks, inded a square crop can look very yummy as well.
  5. I thought it reminds me of something as well, you said it Pierre & Gilles, indeed. That shot is the only shot done infront of a chroma key yesterday. It was soo colorful it had to go into a room decor looking very much like a cake... In Florence I shot a room in a museum, Ilhan ended up there. Voila... hehehe

My assistant calls that shot Ilhan as a Flower Vase... ROFL...

THanks for commenting.
  6. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Your description sounds like the 6th one, also rather p&g style, though I was thinking of the one before where he is on the steps wrapped in what looks like fancy curtains... Made me think of Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler rolled into one. Anyway, I think the look is great in those two for emphasizing both how strong/masculine/sexy and pretty/androgynous the subject is. In general I like seeing your work because of your shots which take an interesting and unusual way of looking at things

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Actually in the shot on my backyard steps, he is wearing a skirt. Yup that's a skirt... :) Almost like heavy curtain material. Yes.

Thank you for encouraging comments.
  8. Ian, you were so right. Thanks for the suggestion. I like it better in square format.

9. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Superb and interesting as always, Hera. But I am drawn to the first one, where Ilhan passed by.

BTW - just to clarify, all these shots were taken with the GH2? Or just this one shot posted here?
  10. Yes they were all shot with Lumix GH2 and Lumix 14-140mm lens. In studio I used 160 ISo, outside shot at my backyard's steps I used 800 ISO at f/6.5 availble light.
  11. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Great photos and great set of photos at the blog. As always, your photos are very thought provoking and definitely captures a viewer's interest. At least mine! :)
    • Like Like x 1