1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Photographic Style

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by a_foolishman, Aug 13, 2012.

1. a_foolishman

a_foolishman Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Kelly Graham
    I wrote a small piece about photographic style covering what it is, why it matters and how it first impacted my photography.

A perfect way to waste some time on slow monday morning.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    Why not simply post the article here? Although I am sure it is not your intent, but a lot of people just use forums like this to generate internet traffic for their blogs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. a_foolishman

a_foolishman Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    Kelly Graham
    I guess it's just a personal choice but here are some of my reasons:

1) As a writer I find it a pain to format 500+ words plus images in a message board post.

2) As a reader I find it hard to read 500+ word messages in forums like this.

3) Also this has the advantage of allowing me to keep all of my pieces in one place rather than scatering them across multiple boards.

4) Another advantage is that I don't have to cross-post long messages to multiple boards.

5) I guess the final advantage is that it gives people a unified place to comment\discuss the article.

6) Also I don't have to worry about my writing vanishing into the ether if a site decides to pull the plug.

4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I just tried copying and pasting that article into this forum and I found it easier to read here than on your site. It requires no re-formatting to paste it here.
    You can paste it here and still have it on your site if this site disappears so I don't understand the reasoning behind no.6.

5. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Good read. Thanks for sharing. You have described your style. Do you have a short name for it?