1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Photograph of a nice landscape on the way to work

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by entropicremnants, Apr 11, 2013.

1. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I pass this scene every morning but today with the hanging fog I had to get out and take a photo. In fact I passed it, looked at it like I usually do, said "WOW!" and turned around and parked on the road to go get some shots.

It's on the private estate of a wealthy individual, but this is immediately adjacent to the road and has that subtle "old money" look to me. The wealthy in this area are often from a long line of wealthy folks and they tend more towards taste than ostentation. The "new money" usually wants to show off more and often they overdo it with the landscaping, lol.

Taken with a Panasonic G5 (DMC-G5) and Panasonic 45-150mm lens.

8640643085_d7d4a34ec7_c.
    Misty Spring Beauty by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

2. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    ^^^^
    Wow! Gorgeous scene! I love the colors. Nice PP. :smile:

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

3. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I was only in PA once in my life in 1982 near Pitt. I did find that country beautiful. Nice capture and I do like my combo of the G5 and 45-175!

4. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Thanks! That's those nice Panasonic sensor colors. Subtly but noticeably different somehow.

Even my wife noticed that they color was different and said she liked it. I like the Sony look also -- but this is more the old PEN look and what not and I do like it a lot.

I think having the E-M5 and the G5 both is a nice place to be in terms of having different "looks" from the sensors. Or at least it is for me, lol. I'm surprised how much I like the G5.

5. BigSky1

BigSky1 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Helena, Montana
    Todd
    That might be interesting too in BW?

6. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    It might at that -- but I'm into color for the most part. I make occasional forays into the monochrome and like the genre in general -- but I really like working on color.

7. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Nice John. (One day you may be photographing the inside of the main house.)

8. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Ha ha! What a thought! I don't know as I'll live that long though, Gary, lol. Thanks.

9. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I like how the 45-150 performs. Last night tried with 45-150 of my friend's, decent sharpness and very well controlled CA, AF is precise, lightweight too.

10. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    贾一川, I must agree! I got this lens as part of a trade deal on the Panasonic G5 and have decided it's a keeper. My Oly 40-150 will like be for sale cheap here soon, lol.

11. emptysensor

emptysensor Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Virginia
    Joe
    Really nice. Perfect processing.

12. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Very nice - Spring is not so far advanced here in the northwestern corner of the state. :smile:

13. F/Stop

F/Stop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Brian Y.
    i like i like...

14. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I would have bought this lens if I don't own the 45-200.

I'm amazed at how the lens performs wide open through out the whole zoom range, AF and OIS are very effective and silent, my friend got one used for only about 200 Dollars:eek:

15. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Fantastic shot! Well done!

16. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Wonderful environmental feel.