Photodirector free for the next 98 days.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Sep 24, 2012.

1. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Looks interesting, thanks! I'm going to point a few friends toward this link. :cool:
  2. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Thanks for this - I actually spent yesterday installing my copy of Lightroom 3 that has been lying around for ages (came free with my GF3), importing photos and playing around with a couple of raw files.

To my untrained eye, CyberLink PhotoDirector seems quite similar to Lightroom - albeit a slightly less intimidating version. Without really knowing what I am doing I also had a go with CyberLink PhotoDirector and a couple of raw files and using the 'hold and click to see original' button even my amateur efforts pp seem to have improved my original photos - giving them a bit more 'pop'. :)

Is it free to download (and use permanently) for 98 days or is it a 98 day free trial? Looks like it might be the former - in which case excellent! :smile:

Anyone got a link to a good 'complete beginners guide to post processing' /Lightroom video or pdf? I ordered a couple of bargain books from amazon marketplace earlier, but I am impatient to get started. ;)
  3. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    Thanks much. I've got it downloading now.
  4. m43dex

m43dex Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    I dont think this works with Mac.... :frown:
  5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Mac and I am upset :frown
  6. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Curiously, today the link no longer directs you to the same site as yesterday. Also, I downloaded the software yesterday, and tried it today, but was required to supply a serial
  7. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Yes, for some reason the link goes to the latest (not free) version today (v4). When I downloaded the software yesterday (v2) I got a unique serial number from the same page as the download and it was also emailed to me.
  8. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    Wow! I really like it. I think I'll enjoy this. I have only spent a few minutes with it so far.
  9. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    For those who installed this, the one given for free is the 2011 version. Will it work with the newer m4/3 raw files ?
  10. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Send me one and I'll give it a whirl.
  11. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Unless this is dramatically better than LR is some way, I don't think I'm going to make the investment in learning new software, developing a new workflow, etc. I am interested in hearing what people think of it, though.