Photodirector free for the next 98 days.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Sep 24, 2012.

1. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Looks interesting, thanks! I'm going to point a few friends toward this link. :cool:

2. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Thanks for this - I actually spent yesterday installing my copy of Lightroom 3 that has been lying around for ages (came free with my GF3), importing photos and playing around with a couple of raw files.

To my untrained eye, CyberLink PhotoDirector seems quite similar to Lightroom - albeit a slightly less intimidating version. Without really knowing what I am doing I also had a go with CyberLink PhotoDirector and a couple of raw files and using the 'hold and click to see original' button even my amateur efforts pp seem to have improved my original photos - giving them a bit more 'pop'. :)

Is it free to download (and use permanently) for 98 days or is it a 98 day free trial? Looks like it might be the former - in which case excellent! :smile:

Anyone got a link to a good 'complete beginners guide to post processing' /Lightroom video or pdf? I ordered a couple of bargain books from amazon marketplace earlier, but I am impatient to get started. ;)

3. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    Thanks much. I've got it downloading now.

4. m43dex

m43dex Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Michigan
    I dont think this works with Mac.... :frown:

5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

YEs..no Mac and I am upset :frown
    Cheers

6. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Curiously, today the link no longer directs you to the same site as yesterday. Also, I downloaded the software yesterday, and tried it today, but was required to supply a serial number...free?????

7. applemint

applemint Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2012
    Yes, for some reason the link goes to the latest (not free) version today (v4). When I downloaded the software yesterday (v2) I got a unique serial number from the same page as the download and it was also emailed to me.

8. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    Wow! I really like it. I think I'll enjoy this. I have only spent a few minutes with it so far.

9. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Lois
    For those who installed this, the one given for free is the 2011 version. Will it work with the newer m4/3 raw files ?

10. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Send me one and I'll give it a whirl.

11. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Unless this is dramatically better than LR is some way, I don't think I'm going to make the investment in learning new software, developing a new workflow, etc. I am interested in hearing what people think of it, though.