Photobucket FREE accounts going "unlimited"

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by f6cvalkyrie, Jun 1, 2011.

1. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    In times where everything becomes more and more expensive, Photobucket has decided to upgrade their already excellent free accounts.

Here's the link explaining it :

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

This might well be a serious uppercut for Flickr !

Disclaimer : I'm not in any way related to Photobucket, just a very satisfied user (I avoid the word "customer" because I have never ever paid them even 1 Eurocent !)

C U,
    • Like Like x 5
  2. leonberdi

leonberdi Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    Thanks for this info. I'm looking currently for a place to post my photos online.

For those of you who like using photobucket, what do you see as its main advantage(s)?
  3. IIGQ4U

IIGQ4U Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    La Jolla CA
    I am a Photobucket Pro customer and while I pay a small fee, I am not bothered with ads, I can store and retrieve my original photo files and view statistics for all of my photos and albums.

Uploading from an iPad, iPhone or any computer is simple and the image code is easily accessible.

I have been using Photobucket for a long time and I don't really have any complaints.
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I've used photobucket for a number of years as purely an image hosting site, initially just for storing images for ebay listings so that I wasn't paying them to display each image. It's basically there just to store "stuff".

I use a flickr pro account because I make use of it's social side, like contacts and groups for viewing and commenting on images. I also like to use it's sets and tags to group photos, and to an extent use those same features as a file manager. If I want to find a particular image file on my computer but can't remember the camera, lens, or when it was taken I can find it very quickly on flickr.

I don't really know what Photobucket offers beyond mere image storage, but I know I can spend ages browsing around flickr and my account has been paid for almost the next 18 months so I'm happy to remain there.
  5. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    For me, the main advantage is that it is free, since yesterday for a unlimited number of photographs. And up to 500 videos (I don't do video, so I don't use that service)

I have been using Flickr's free account, but soon ran into the 200 pics limit for accounts not paid for. I am not opposed to pay for service, and Flickr's pro accounts certainly give an extra, but do I need that extra ??

I'm basically using my Photobucket account for picture sharing on forums like this one, and for sharing my pics easily with family members living far away.

And I am completely happy with the way it works !

BTW, I just checked, and Photobucket also offers the possibility of group albums ! And, I did not see any annoying ads, but bare in mind I have a good adblocker installed. Maybe that helps ??

C U,

PS, disclaimer again : I'm not in any way involved with Photobucket !
  6. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

I Joined

Hi Rafael,
    thanks, I've been thinking of joining and did so today.