Photo theft evidence

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Mods can close this thread if so inclined, but I think this should be posted. The conversation about Hera at this point -- I don't see how it would be any different than the one about the Photographer on the NYC platform who snapped the NY Post photo. It's an ethics question. (though perhaps this should be in the watering hole, instead of open discussion? Sorry about that).

This is from the ongoing accusations of photo theft against Hera Bell. To me, the evidence is massive at this point. For some reason, I think people should know about it, if at least to be ready to protect their own pictures. I'd be open to hearing a defense, but there hasn't been one to date, and it's looking pretty overwhelming. The variety of image types is very condemning, IMO. I find it hard to believe one person can be the best at: portraits, water drops, still life, macros, storm cell chasing and pics from the edge of space. That would be an amazing person indeed.

Counter-evidence, though, would be greatly welcomed!

Who took this photo?
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    I also don't understand why the previous threads about this have been closed. It is not religion nor politics. It IS very much photography-related.

As for Hera being a long-standing member of the forum, wouldn't this be a good a platform as any to give her side of the story? At least she won't be flamed here, given the atmosphere of this forum. We only hear one side - at this point that side seems loud and clear - so hope she'll shed some light.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    This has been crossposted in many threads on this site. A lot of moderator discussion took place, and the consensus was that there was nothing to be gained by hosting here at Mu-43 yet another piling on of accusations about Hera's alleged photo theft. These "discussions" are already taking place on DPreview and Reddit as you probably know.

You are welcome to start a general discussion of photo theft, but the first post in that discussion should contain a statement that specific accusations will lead to thread closure or deletion.

As for Hera - she too has ample platform to speak out on her blog or any number of sites.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    The previous threads were closed because the internet is not a fair forum for deciding this issue - Hera should not be tried in the court of public opinion. Evidence belongs in a court of law where it meets strict evidentury standards and is less likely to be manufactured. Also, several members requested that the first thread be closed.
    The conversation does not further the interests of the :43: community. As I stated in an earlier thread, a discussion of plagiarism (Without reference to a specific photographer) may well be beneficial to folks interested in photography. Attempting to determine someone's guilt or innocence is not.
    If you want to discuss plagiarism as an issue this thread can continue. If it becomes an attempt to discern the guilt or innocence of Hera Bell it will likely be closed.

Ahh, Amin beat me to it, thanks.
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.