Photo stores that ship to Europe?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by fiki2304, Nov 24, 2013.

1. fiki2304

fiki2304 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 26, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Hey guys!
    I am searching for (online) stores that do ship staff to Europe. For example right now I am searching for nikkor 1 18.5mm f1.8 but prices on eBay are just ridiculous :-(
    Located in Europe or USA doesn't matter. Is there something except eBay??
    Thanks!

2. barbosas

barbosas Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2013
    Lisbon
    Try b&h and adorama, but taxes are crazy high imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

3. agpr

agpr Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2010
    Heraklion, Crete
    It's not a bad idea to try www.amazon.co.uk (or .fr or de, depends in your preferences and language skills). I think Croatia is part of EU and probably that means you don't have to pay import taxes, but please verify that before purchase.

4. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    As Croatia is now in the EU, you can buy anywhere in the EU and you will pay no taxes or import duty.

If you buy from the US, you will pay about 3-4% import duty on the total value, including shipping, and then value-added tax on top of that - it usually isn't worth it.

As has been suggested, try amazon.fr, .de or .it.

Give my regards to Zagreb old town!

5. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Also www.cameranu.nl (dutch webstore, have an english front-end as well), generally good prices, I've always been happy with their service as well, ship worldwide as far as I'm aware. Buying from the US only really makes sense to me if the price difference is really, really huge, and if you can pick it up yourself when you're there. Otherwise the often exorbitant shipping will make things less fun. B&H offers an 'all fees and taxes paid' pricing/shipping option, which should let you see what things will cost you. For some stuff, Europe's actually not badly priced (ignoring the 21% VAT, that is).

• Like Like x 1
  6. kurt1968

kurt1968 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 30, 2012
    re

i had a look at amaon de , but i fing prices to be very very high
    e.g. ep3 over 500 euro body only

7. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Amazon can have different prices on .fr, .de, .it and so on. Make sure to check them all.

sent from my Xperia Z

8. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Same country, same problem. In the EU, I got good deals from fordigit.it, but you need to have somebody in Italy for delivery as they are in S.Marino, and any EU country except Italy adds VAT on top of their prices. Hdew from the UK is good too.

9. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Technically you should pay VAT in Italy as well - it's still imported from outside the EU. How good the guardia di finanzia is at collecting the vAT due is a different issue.

10. fiki2304

fiki2304 Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 26, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I found the best price on Amazon.de. Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 for 190 euro with shipping and VAT. Amazon.fr does not ship to Croata as well as Amazon.com(USA).
    It is interesting that every store in Asia ships regulary to europe with no issues, but shipping inside Europe is much more difficult. :)
    Thank you all for help! Regards from Zagreb!

• Like Like x 1
  11. JeanLucX

JeanLucX Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    NYC
    I think BH ships international.

12. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    True but when you count in the value added tax, customs and the shipping, it's just not such a bargain anymore.