1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Photo no. says photos've been made earlier.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ShockTrooper, Jan 10, 2011.

1. ShockTrooper

ShockTrooper New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2011
    Poland
    Two days ago I bought a new Lumix G2. I've made some photos (up to 25) and copied them on my PC. What was weird for me, the photo # starts with 220 so it's not that new (LCD was dirty).

I read that sometimes after assebling they make 200-300 photos to calibrate the shutter. Is that true and how it looks with Panasonic in this case?

And can I make a complaint and demand a return if the camera was supposed to be new but it actually was in use?

2. NetizenSmith

NetizenSmith Mu-43 Regular

Oct 28, 2010
    UK
    I'd take it back mate, even if there's nothing wrong with it.

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    It could be a demo model.
    Return it if it bugs you.
    It's easy to reset the counter in camera.

4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    The fact there are activations on there and, as Sharpshooter pointed out, it is easy to change, there could be more. Was the warranty card in the box or anything else missing?

I would send it back if it definitely looks used or try to negotiate a discount.

5. ShockTrooper

ShockTrooper New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2011
    Poland
    Everything was in the box.

As Streetshooter said it might have been a display model (dirty LCD), but it was taken out from a locker. I wasn't on the shelf with other display models where every client has access to. So either it was a display model earlier or it was in use; lended for tests probably.

I will try to get some discount if they won't take it back*. And of course I will never step in that shop again even if I get the full refund.

*How do you deal with crooked shops and their workers? In Poland they don't fear the police or a law suit, but when you say you put TV in charge it occurs everything can be settled ;)

6. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Don't overlook the possibility of an honest mistake. Maybe it was accidentally swapped with a display model or someone took it out for a test and didn't tell anybody. I would give them a chance to fix it. Have you dealt with them before?