photo competition

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by zulfur666, Apr 26, 2014.

1. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    I know we have the best photos being featured on the front page. Just a thought perhaps we can offer prices for photo competition? Say $20 coupons for B&H or Amazon? Just a thought to perhaps promote posting images? Perhaps we can approach our sponsors sponsoring such photo competitions? Just an idea.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Sounds like a bit a fun, but I think it'll be hard with judging. Photography can be such a subjective thing.
  3. Zee

Zee Mu-43 Top Veteran

Another site I am on has a monthly "Iron Photographer" comp. No prizes, as such, just the honor of being the IP for the month.

A theme is posted at the beginning of the month, and entries close on the last day. All pics are then put in a polling thread, and is judged by anyone on the forum who wishes to vote. Most votes wins...

4. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    I know dpr has something like that but again without prizes just "bragging rights" LOL would be nicer especially since dpr is run by Amazon to have prizes from their sponsors. Same here, perhaps the mods here can approach B&H, Adorama etc and our forum might just become more lively? I like to post my photos but only if there is a certain incentive. I like to show them to family and friends but online there are just strangers so whats the reason I ask myself. Besides that they can later be ripped off by others. And if your photo does not win a prize then the owner have the right to withdraw all rights and delete it from the source. So the copyright is preserved. JMO
  5. zulfur666

zulfur666 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    this didn't seem to get much esteem here in our forum. Perhaps Amin can chime in? How about it Amin?
  6. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Given that Amin has been recently requesting donations to keep up with costs, I am not clear how he can afford it. He has already pumped up the advertising to help, so I suspect that there is not much extra for contests.

7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Not sure why a prize is necessary. Members post lots of images, and when I enter any challenges it's for the fun of it. The few times my entries have been chosen as winners is reward enough for me.
    • Like Like x 2