1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Photo Clam PC-36NS Ball Head

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by twokatmew, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Up for your consideration is a lightly used Photo Clam PC-36NS ball head. I don't use a tripod as much as I thought I might, so the ball head remains on my tripod covered with an Optech "snoot boot" that I'll include with the PC-36NS. I did use the set screws to secure the ball head to the platform, so there are some scratches on the bottom (see photo 4). There are also a few light scratches on the silver-grey plate near the friction control (see photo 3, though I wasn't able to capture the scratches very well). If you require better photos, just let me know, and I'll take some in daylight.

I have feedback as a buyer only on this site, but I have feedback as a seller on Ebay (see my sig) as well as on Pentaxforums. Pls message me at either site to verify my identity. :smile:

$189 including shipping and PayPal fees. Will only ship to verified PayPal addresses. Shipping includes USPS Priority Mail, fully insured with tracking number.

Photo Clam Ball Head 1.4" with friction Control PCBH-PC36NS

OP/TECH USA Snoot Boot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Awesome ballhead, I have the 33ns and love it - if this were 1-2 sizes larger I would be all over it! I've been thinking about getting a larger head and wouldn't think to get something besides a photo clam head. Good luck with the sale!

• Like Like x 1
  3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    To be honest, I've had really mixed feelings about selling it, because it is a great ball head. I also have a Feisol CB-30C that I've used on my monopod, and I contemplated selling that head instead of the Photo Clam. I have a pretty spindly tripod, but the PC-36 has worked great on it. I just figured I could "get by" with the Feisol. But I don't want to sell the PC only to find I have to deal with droop after locking a lesser head.

May I ask why you're thinking of going for a bigger ball head? Hearing your answer may help me to decide to keep the PC-36! :confused: I also thought about trying to trade the PC-36 for a small Photo Clam....

My cameras and lenses are all pretty light: E-M5, E-PM1, 17/2.8, 45/1.8, 14-42IIR, 40-150R. I'd like the rumored 25/1.8 prime, but I don't expect to add anything else.

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    A bigger head for bigger lenses! It has been a stretch to use the 33ns with my k5 and 50-135mm attached (since that lens doesn't have a tripod collar and debatably should have one, or at least have had an option). I've also got a big tamron 300mm f2.8, though I have a gimbal for that it would be nice to be able to use the ballhead occasionally. The increased size of the ballhead gives more area on the ball, allowing for easier use/movement with larger loads. If I were going strictly micro 4/3 and lenses then I would be ok with the smaller head.

5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Thanks! After I posted, I saw the equipment listed in your sig and figured as much. :smile: I got a chance yesterday to try the tripod with both the Feisol CB-30C and the PC-36NS. Although I prefer the lesser weight of the Feisol, it's definitely no match for the Photo Clam, so I think I'll be keeping the PC for the time being at least. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.