Photo Challenge: Your Daily Image - Not So Dry July 2015

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by NoSeconds, Jun 30, 2015.

1. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

Continuing on from the great work of @ManofKent@ManofKent and @Aushiker@Aushiker and the Monthly POTD Challenge, I'm starting another one for July in the hope of eventually sneaking a project 365 past myself without me noticing... :biggrin:

Copying and pasting the "rules":
    • Try to post a single shot (of ANY subject) taken each day during the challenge. If you miss a day (or a week), don't worry, no one is judging you. The idea here is to get folks out and making pictures, not to play lunchroom monitor.
    • Since this is a :mu43: forum, images shot with :mu43: equipment are encouraged, but this is not strictly a requirement. If you happen to sneak the occasional iPhone, RX100, XT-1 or A7 image in there you will be flogged mercilessly with a frillneck lizard.
    • Images may be straight out of camera JPEGs or manipulated to your heart's content. Pushing yourself past your normal comfort levels is encouraged.
    • Most importantly: HAVE FUN!
    • Add the date you took the photo and if at all possible, try and post within 48hrs of taking the shot.
    • Provide equipment details and find circumstances behind the shot / photographers thoughts interesting, but as with all the "rules" these aren't mandatory!

• And REMEMBER: The beatings will continue until morale improves... slap_zpsocgtcswx.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    July 1 - Here's lookin' at you, babe . . .
    P6040212a_SPDWeb.
    Panasonic GX7 | O60 Macro

Just for the cheap thrill of being first post - it's July 1st somewhere . . .
    I skipped last month because of doing bathroom renovations -
    (nightmare) - but will try to be at least somewhat regular this month.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
  3. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

Tooooo much info dude...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

I found this in my change today and figured I'd have another play with my ZD 35mm Macro...

OM-D EM-1 and Zuiko Digital 35mm f/3.5
    01CB8C21-4932-4F2F-AF08-58C12DCD77BC_zpstagvsxkl.

• Like Like x 11
  5. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    July 1, 2015 "Tax Time"

I rode to work today and this morning was gray and dull and the ride home was cold with a hint of rain so nothing to inspire me to take photos. I did however briefly divert from my normal route and stopped at a coastal viewing platform near the Ocean Reef Boat Harbour. I saw this hardy sole heading into the cold Indian Ocean for a swim so this is my photo for today.

19135045050_8464682efa_b.
    A Brave Soul by Andrew, on Flickr

I should have stopped on the ride home to photography the optimistic surfers ... the ocean was flat as a pancake yet there where heaps of surfers in the water. Maybe they knew something ...

Andrew

• Like Like x 9
  6. GnedTheGnome

GnedTheGnome Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 7
  7. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    Went to the beach today and captured this with the Canon FDn 80-200 f4 L

_SBA2687_01.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    EMT at the Farmers Market. It's a tiny affair, less than 30 vendors. There is nothing exotic, and no corn given my last post of June Challenge.

full.
    Panasonic 14-140

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  9. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    July 2, 2015 - Winter has arrived

Having received an Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 from NoSeconds I have been wanting to try out the lens and more importantly the focal length down at the Port so I headed down early this morning thinking I would shoot a ocean going tug leaving the Port and try out the lens. Well I missed the tug (read the Voyager Port Management System wrong ... the tug was being moved from one side of the river to the other at the other end of the Port :redface: ), however I was on South Mole earlier enough to catch the South Mole lighthouse still in action so my photo today, is the lighthouse.

Oh I did play around a bit more with the lens and worked out the ideal focal length for some of my preferred Port photography is 25mm so a 25mm prime is on the shopping list. I also found the lens struggled to focus in the low light and really didn't like the light conditions today even after sunrise. It was a gray winter's morning with a hint of rain around.

South Mole Lighthouse
    by Andrew, on Flickr

Andrew

• Like Like x 7
  10. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    1st July - Godden's Warehouse.

This former warehouse is now a nightclub, with less attractive frontage, but the scaffolding hides it nicely:

godden.

IR converted GM1 Pana 14mm

• Like Like x 8
  11. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    Skipped June, here for July. Nothing exciting today. I always grab a camera when we walk the dogs in the morning, even though the route is the same 95% of the time.

July 1 - Cedric
    18722108553_cfac24a615_b.
    Cedric by Mr Sesser, on Flickr
    Olympus E-PM2 + LEICA DG SUMMILUX 25/F1.4 • ƒ/2.8 25.0 mm 1/1600 ISO 200

• Like Like x 7
  12. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    I think I'm still recovering from my Project 365 (completed in May) and my July schedule looks sketchy, but I actually sort of miss the discipline of taking a daily picture. I think I'll jump back in a give it a try.

July 1 - E-M5 and O60. We've had record setting heat here (mid 30's C) and are in the middle of an extreme dry spell, a rarity here on the coast where the temperatures tend to be moderate and the rainfall plenty. Berries, apples and other local crops are way ahead schedule, including the raspberries in our yard.

20150701-P7010149-X2.

• Like Like x 8
  13. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    That's a great way to do it. It lowers the pressure and you don't feel like you didn't make it if you decide to call it off somewhere along the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Met some friends last night for dinner and drinks. Since I knew I was going to be drinking a bit, I left my camera bag at home and just went out with my iPhone. I got there a few minutes earlier than everyone else so I just whipped out my iPhone and started taking pictures.

18724265024_5592e53817_b.

APPLE IPHONE 6 PLUS, 4.15MM (29MM EQUIVALENT), F2.2, 1/40, ISO 32

• Like Like x 11
  15. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia
    July 2

I haven't had a chance to get out today so I literally just opened the back door and shot a couple of high speed burst series to try some high resolution trickery. I first tried a 9 image series I took a week or so ago of Mount Wellington and it worked nicely. Here, the subject was not as grand but for a trial it will have to do for todays pic. Fifteen images were plonked into Photoshop CS6 and averaged and a 85mb image came out at the other end (exported as a 6mb jpeg from LR6).

E-M5 + 75-300mm F4.8-6.7 R @ 164mm f/5.6 1/500 ISO800. Focus is on the small knot on the right tree and the left tree is a a meters or so behind hence out of focus. The image was cropped slightly to remove the mis-alignment border.
    19320610946_e6a373e3f9_b. EM57128_PS_HiRes.jpg by Tassie Fig, on Flickr

Not sure it comes across as a HiRes here but it does make a difference and it's good to have the possibility for sure...For static scenes (landscapes, macro etc in my own case) I will probably use it every now and then.

• Like Like x 6
  16. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    July 1. Ok, I never did this before, chances are I will not make it every day, even less likely that I will post anything worth noticing, but I will try and work on it... First outing with the new-to-me 45/1.8, fully open, brutal sun around noon, on my walk to the cafeteria for lunch. Added a little shadow and resized on the Ipad. Currently reinstalling my computers, once done I will have LR available again. Although, I like taking pictures to get away from a computer, so my goal is to minimize the work in post processing.

Stefan

image.

• Like Like x 7
  17. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

I headed to the shops tonight to get some groceries armed with my EPM1 and 45mm f/1.8 and tried to do some street shooting without using the screen and only holding the camera down at waist level, firing from the hip... Sort of inspired by how I would use an Olympus Air if I had one...

Needless to say, I probably should have gone the P20 f/1.7 but I did get a few useable shots including this one of a commercially available biodiesel made from cane sugar and toad stools in sunny Queensland... :biggrin:

E-PM1 and 45mm f/1.8
    f1a7ee86-352d-47ed-b404-d64aca06522e_zpsufiuuhru.

• Like Like x 7
  18. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    July 2 - Attack of the Killer Bee.
    19358046365_c393f880ea_b.
    Attack! by Mr Sesser, on Flickr
    Panasonic DMC-LX7 - 1/320s @ ƒ5.6 6.9mm (35mm equiv) ISO 80

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    July 2
    Perhaps I should use this 22000W, 22v lamp to illuminate my next challenge. Hopefully it won't melt the lens housing and paint from my walls. Kodak Cine 63mm f/2.7 c-mount, in Macro mode.

1/125, f/3.5 ISO 800
    full.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
  20. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    • Like Like x 9