Photo Challenge: Your Daily Image - June 2015

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Aushiker, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Aushiker

Aushiker Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 12, 2014
    Fremantle, Western Australia
    Andrew
    Back in May @ManofKent@ManofKent continued a theme started earlier with the Equinox Explorations thread https://www.mu-43.com/threads/74700/ to get people posting and pushing boundaries. That previous thread was the Photo Challenge: Your Daily Image - May 2015. With June 1 coming to a close downunder here is a chance to continue the challenge or join it if you so wish for another month.

Copying and pasting the "rules":

• Try to post a single shot (of ANY subject) taken each day during the challenge. If you miss a day (or a week), don't worry, no one is judging you. The idea here is to get folks out and making pictures, not to play lunchroom monitor.
    • Since this is a :mu43: forum, images shot with :mu43: equipment are encouraged, but this is not strictly a requirement. If you happen to sneak the occasional iPhone, RX100, XT-1 or A7 image in there I doubt the earth will stop spinning on its axis.
    • Images may be straight out of camera JPEGs or manipulated to your heart's content. Pushing yourself past your normal comfort levels is encouraged.
    • Most importantly: HAVE FUN!
    Additionally @ManofKent@ManofKent suggested we:

• Add the date you took the photo and if at all possible, try and post within 48hrs of taking the shot.
    • Provide equipment details and find circumstances behind the shot / photographers thoughts interesting, but as with all the "rules" these aren't mandatory!
    Thanks
    Andrew

2. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    June 1, 2015

Took Needles and Gilbert out for an explore in Manning Park. Needles being a whippet has to do everything at speed :)

18339918212_11d996fd0c_b.
    Brakes On by Andrew, on Flickr

Tech: EM-1 O M.40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R ƒ/5.6 40.0 mm 1/400 ISO 100

Andrew

• Like Like x 5
  3. RKStarr

RKStarr Mu-43 Regular

6/1: Sunrise this morning. The sky warmed, beautiful herringbone clouds dappled the sky, but a sunburst never came. So, like most Mondays, inspiration took a bit of scratching. Our "pink poui" (Tabebuia rosea) trees have a subtle, delicate bloom which might have gone unnoticed if the sunrise had burst forth.

EM1 O12-40@23mm f8 1/160 iso200
    p1218975139-5.

• Like Like x 8
  4. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    Thanks for joining in Rick for the pleasure and pain of another month :)

Andrew

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Didn't shoot much today but fortunately I grabbed a few shots including this one where I had dinner tonight.

What looks like an entrance to a subway station is actually the entrance to a restaurant which is setup like a Japanese street food market located by a train station. Once you enter the restaurant, there are various stalls/stations that sell different different types of food. One stall/station is for sushi/sashimi, another for various types of noodles and soups, another for various types of fried rice, another for yakitori (skewered meats), another for teppanyaki (stir fried), etc... You are given a pager/buzzer and you can just order food from whatever stall/station you want and they'll beep you when your order is up. You go back to the stall/station and pickup your food. When you're finished your meal, you just go to the cashier and hand them back your beeper and they'll have your complete order on their POS system. For lack of a better description, it's a fun, theme based cafeteria that resembles a street food experience.

"Kodachaya"

17725491573_83a0926dda_b.

FUJIFILM X100T, 19MM (28MM EQUIVALENT), F5.6, 1/160, ISO 3200

• Like Like x 7
  6. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    June 1st - I didn't get out of work today, so a quick shot playing with the newly acquired Samyang 7.5 in work (on a GM1):

samyang_stairs.

• Like Like x 11
  7. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    June 2, 2015

I have rediscovered Waymarking which is turning out be a handy resource for various statutes, old cemetries, buildings, ship wrecks and so on work a ride by for potential photography. I have found things I didn't know existed in my back yard. One is Bella who I dopped by to say hello to this morning. The inscription on her plaque sates: "The freedom to be who you are and to enjoy what is!". The statute is by Greg James circa 2011.

18363533925_170fea9762_b.
    Bella by Andrew, on Flickr

Andrew

• Like Like x 7
  8. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    Very Escher.
    Not too shabby for a "quick shot" . . .

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    A great shot for a day that was lacking inspiration.

I think I'm going to bow out of the daily photos for this month although a part of me hates to do it. I'll keep checking in on you though--so many interesting photos on this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. VinceVK

VinceVK Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 2, 2015
    After lurking here for some time, I subscribed to start participating.
    I will take on the june photo challenge.
    Since I came home late yesterday evening and only had a couple of minutes to snap pictures, I think today will be my first day of posting.
    After using compacts, my new OMD is my first serious camera since a film slr, so still a lot to learn, ...

• Like Like x 2
  11. RKStarr

RKStarr Mu-43 Regular

He's sooo Cute!

p1218176861-5.

Meet our resident Tailless Whip Scorpion, or Amblypigid (various species). Amblypygids are arachnids in a separate order from spiders and scorpions. These creatures are jovially known as the scariest creatures that will never hurt you. They are tireless insectivores and thus are beneficial. They are not considered rare, but they are extremely timid. In 25 years on St. Croix this is only the third one I have seen, and I spend a lot of time out among the places one would expect to encounter them.

"Honey? Could you bring me my camera please?!?"

We are doing some minor masonry work around the house this week and I keep a tub of clean, sifted sand for such small projects. When I opened it up yesterday I saw this fellow (my inexpert analysis suggests male due to its relatively small size) who was seeing sunlight for the first time in quite a long time, I'm guessing.

p1222017883-4.

He was very docile, contrary to what "Madeye Moody" would have you believe from the Harry Potter film "HP: The Goblet of Fire," in which Amblypygids were given a cameo role. He gently climbed onto my trowel and posed patiently for several photos.

He even let me get a detailed close-up.

p1218177727-5.

At first these things gave me the creeps but the more I learned about them the more I like them. For example, they are one of the few arachnids that exhibit social behavior, tending their young through their first molt.

If you're still with me, that's the beautiful O60 macro lens at work. I shot in manual mode and used the FL360L flash.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

I'll play! Here's a shot from July 1st (WA Day public holiday). I took the family to explore the ghost town of Cossack...

EPM1 P20 f1.7, Film grain filter

6f98c2db80dc4694341e71893d1894bf_zpsm60o99gm.

• Like Like x 7
  13. NoSeconds

NoSeconds Mu-43 All-Pro

and one from today (June 2nd) at work...

EPM1 P20 f1.7, Monotone picture mode with tweaked contrast

571b5523242e6df779fac39b8952617d_zpseupy9y7p.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    • Like Like x 8
  15. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    While waiting for my GF at the corner of Yeoksam Station earlier this evening, I decided to take a few pics with my iPhone trying to get a shot of random people as they crossed the opening of the sculpture. As I started to take this photo, this girl started running towards me, not realizing it was my GF until seconds later.

"Come To Me"

18195250978_ae51a505d3_b.

APPLE IPHONE 6 PLUS, 4.15MM (29MM EQUIVALENT), F2.2, 1/4, ISO 100

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    June 2nd - Playing with the IR converted GM1 and Samyang 7.5. Fairly heavy processing!

IR_ELMS.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    That could be the most concise statement ever written. [emoji4]

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    Ok Wisertime. You stay on the PA side of the river and I'll stay on the NJ side, else we're bound to start taking pictures of the same things!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. emptyglow

emptyglow New to Mu-43

Mar 30, 2015
    Boulder, Colorado
    I'll give the June challenge a go.

Here's a full moon shot from 6/1
    P6012964.

And a Poppy from today. We've had so much rain this spring the wildflowers and gardens are bursting.
    P6023111.

Using the e-m1 with the 40-150 + 1.4tc for the moon and the 12-40 for the bud. They could both benefit from some post processing but there's no time tonight.

Thanks for starting up another photo a day thread. I missed shooting too many days this spring and it's always fun to see what you all are working on.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Aushiker

Sep 12, 2014
    Andrew
    My first thought was Henderson but then the land in the background makes me think otherwise. Was I right or wrong? Oh welcome to the challenge to :)

Andrew