Photo Association

Real Name
David
banjo.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Toddster

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Todd Cleaver
20190101_034415_P1490619 LR80.jpg

todd phillips

Mu-43 Top Veteran
20210607183901-f3761576-xx.jpg

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
51162943158_91c287d3c9_h.jpg

Lone Rider by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

This rider I suspect had no idea of my existence as I sat on the summit of the Barlangi Rock having camped here overnight. This is a very remote area so to see a rider, let alone a lone rider was unusual.

Barlangi Rock has a long history, going back some two billion years when a meteorite slammed into what is now outback Western Australia. The impact left a 70-kilometre-wide scar on the land known as the Yarrabubba impact crater. Sadly, the crater is no longer visible.

todd phillips

Mu-43 Top Veteran
20210602230203-1c431e4a.jpg

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
51212416689_72a3aa244f_h.jpg

Made it. by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

A day of railway tunnels, well a few anyway as we continued our walk through the Minenete Valley following an old railway form.

Chemin de Stevenson-2018-D10-21: Day 10 of 12 – Florac to Gare de Cassagnas: Walking the Chemin de Stevenson (#GR70 Robert Louis Stevenson Trail) in the south of France.

Pavel M

Creativity Aspirations
If it were mine, I would lighten the insides of the tunnel a bit, so that you can see a bit of detail. One of the "Rules" is that you should not have closed shadows (like the tunnel) and blown highlights. Perhaps not even over-bright highlights. You can of course ignore the rules if you have a good reason to. I ignore them all the time. And yet I am also aware of them and I always consider following them. In this case, I would follow them.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
If it were mine, I would lighten the insides of the tunnel a bit, so that you can see a bit of detail. One of the "Rules" is that you should not have closed shadows (like the tunnel) and blown highlights. Perhaps not even over-bright highlights. You can of course ignore the rules if you have a good reason to. I ignore them all the time. And yet I am also aware of them and I always consider following them. In this case, I would follow them.
Thanks for the comment!

There is nothing to recover in the blacks so it is as it is. There are no blown highlights in this picture, at least not in the original file, some blowing might have crept in during processing.
The picture was taken a couple of years ago, so I hope I have learned a bit since then.
Recovering shadows in that situation would probably have needed exposure bracketing and stacking.

Pavel M

Creativity Aspirations
Thanks for the comment!

There is nothing to recover in the blacks so it is as it is. There are no blown highlights in this picture, at least not in the original file, some blowing might have crept in during processing.
The picture was taken a couple of years ago, so I hope I have learned a bit since then.
Recovering shadows in that situation would probably have needed exposure bracketing and stacking.
Fair enough. There are no blown highlights, although the highlights on the other side of the tunnel are quite "hot" and if it were mine, I would have toned them down a bit

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Fair enough. There are no blown highlights, although the highlights on the other side of the tunnel are quite "hot" and if it were mine, I would have toned them down a bit
I like it that way, it gives a sense of the light at the end of the tunnel!
It is darker on this side but when you get through there is light!
The sun in Colorado can be hot and the light harsh.

Pavel M

Creativity Aspirations
I like it that way, it gives a sense of the light at the end of the tunnel!
It is darker on this side but when you get through there is light!
The sun in Colorado can be hot and the light harsh.
It is strictly your call. I see myself as an extra pair of eyes. I do like to hear other people's views, I think about them and sometimes I accept them and sometimes not. I fully expect that you too will make your call on your work

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom