PHISHING alert "PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER NEEDED"

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by John M Flores, Dec 30, 2011.

1. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    A couple of weeks ago, I got this email from a "Brad Pattinson"

"Hello,

My name is Brad Pattinson. I am a freelance modeling agent working for Knave Magazine UK, I am currently recruiting models for a special edition of the magazine which will take place within the last week of January 2012. I need a photographer in the United States and Canada respectively to work with.

I saw and appreciate your profile while surfing the internet, and I would like us to work together. I want to know if you are interested in working with us in next year's edition of Knave Magazine. I presently have good offers for you.

Please let me know if you are interested and I would give you further details, hope to read from you soon.

Regards

Brad Pattinson"

Today, I got this one

"Hello,

My name is Hugo Fanaberia. I am a freelance Model Agent working for Knave Magazine UK, I am currently recruiting models for a special edition of the magazine which will take place within the first week of February 2012. I need a photographer in the United States and Canada respectively to work with.

I saw and appreciate your profile while surfing the internet, and I would like us to work together. I want to know if you are interested in working with us in next years edition of Knave Magazine. I presently have good offers for you.

Please let me know if you are interested and I would give you further details, hope to read from you soon.

Regards

Hugo Fanaberia"

Looks like it's phishing season. Beware.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Dude, you're getting two job offers from Knave magazine ... what are you waiting for?

Gary

PS- Don't forget to collect your monies from the Nigerian Prince too.
    G

PPS- If you got the time answer them just to see where it goes, and/or Google Knave magazine and poke around there looking for Brad and Hugo.
    G

• Like Like x 1
  3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    so much I ignore in email and now Craigs List too....

4. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

email headers are fairly informative as well.

Thanks Gary, I googled and my boss walked in ...

5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

..could turn out to be an unhealthy catch...

thanks for the heads up John

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Oops .... hope your boss is a guy.