1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

PHISHING alert "PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER NEEDED"

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by John M Flores, Dec 30, 2011.

1. John M Flores

John M Flores Super Moderator

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    A couple of weeks ago, I got this email from a "Brad Pattinson"

"Hello,

My name is Brad Pattinson. I am a freelance modeling agent working for Knave Magazine UK, I am currently recruiting models for a special edition of the magazine which will take place within the last week of January 2012. I need a photographer in the United States and Canada respectively to work with.

I saw and appreciate your profile while surfing the internet, and I would like us to work together. I want to know if you are interested in working with us in next year's edition of Knave Magazine. I presently have good offers for you.

Please let me know if you are interested and I would give you further details, hope to read from you soon.

Regards

Brad Pattinson"

Today, I got this one

"Hello,

My name is Hugo Fanaberia. I am a freelance Model Agent working for Knave Magazine UK, I am currently recruiting models for a special edition of the magazine which will take place within the first week of February 2012. I need a photographer in the United States and Canada respectively to work with.

I saw and appreciate your profile while surfing the internet, and I would like us to work together. I want to know if you are interested in working with us in next years edition of Knave Magazine. I presently have good offers for you.

Please let me know if you are interested and I would give you further details, hope to read from you soon.

Regards

Hugo Fanaberia"

Looks like it's phishing season. Beware.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Dude, you're getting two job offers from Knave magazine ... what are you waiting for?

Gary

PS- Don't forget to collect your monies from the Nigerian Prince too.
    G

PPS- If you got the time answer them just to see where it goes, and/or Google Knave magazine and poke around there looking for Brad and Hugo.
    G

• Like Like x 1
  3. hodad66

hodad66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 27, 2010
    Indialantic, Florida
    so much I ignore in email and now Craigs List too....

4. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

email headers are fairly informative as well.

Thanks Gary, I googled and my boss walked in ...

5. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

..could turn out to be an unhealthy catch...

thanks for the heads up John

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Oops .... hope your boss is a guy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.