1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Petroglyph National Monument

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Lawrence A., Oct 27, 2012.

1. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I spent two and one half hours in Rinconada Canyon this afternoon photographing the rocks and petroglyphs. A wonderful spot right on the edge of the city.

PA278675. PA278683. PA278687. PA278690. PA278691.

All taken with the E-M5 and the 12-50mm kit lens, which I find a handy and more than competent performer.

• Like Like x 5
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Nice series! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Nice weather in Taylor Ranch today?

4. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Lovely. I walked around in my shirtsleeves with a photo vest for gear. Nippy this morning, though.

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nice pics and neat rock formations made neater by native americans many years ago.
    I went there as a kid. I need to go back and do some shooting!

6. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I'll be posting more on this thread as I get present shots ready, and as I get out to Rinconada trail and a couple of other trails to shoot more. Years ago, when I lived in Boston, a town forest in Concord was my go to spot when I wanted to shoot but did not know where to go. It's very likely, having rediscovered Petroglyph Monument, that it will serve the same function for some time to come. Here's three more shots from yesterday: PA278700. [​IMG] PA278677.

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Really cool set - look forward to seeing more. :cool:

8. Lawrence A.

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Thanks Bob. It's a great place to spend some hours, especially in the cooler weather, and the exercise is good for my 61 yr. old carcass.