Petition to Sigma Photo to Create a Micro Four Thirds Mirrorless with Foveon Sensor! :) Please sign!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by TalkingTreePhoto, Mar 12, 2014.

1. TalkingTreePhoto

TalkingTreePhoto New to Mu-43

Mar 12, 2014
    Hey there,

I'm new to this forum but I've been using Micro Four Thirds cameras and lenses since 2008. My work can be seen on Instagram following this link: - I'm a seasoned pro...

I'm circulating and campaigning a petition that encourages Sigma to seriously consider creating a Micro Four Thirds camera. Please check it out and sign! Let's make this happen! ::

I'll be frequenting this forum now!

Nathan Cowlishaw:cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I signed it!
    I also hope that Sigma makes more m4/3 lenses and more to the point ones designed specifically for m4/3{the 3 they do have are really designed for the Sony NEX}.
  3. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    My main hope is that Sigma starts making equivalents to their fullframe DSLR lenses (35/1.4, 50/1.4, 85/1.4, and their 'normal' zooms like the 24-105, 24-70) for mirrorless sytems (Sony FE mount, MFT mount) instead of only offering cheap, good, but unexciting f/2.8 designs..

I'll take the foveon sensor though :)
  4. noflux

noflux Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 7, 2010
    Porto, Portugal
    Love that fovean sensor and really like the new sigma lenses (canon/nikon) but their MFT offerings are really weak.
    I signed the petition in hope that at least sigma looks at the MTF world in a different way.
  5. speedandstyle

That is my thinking too. They may be relying on "expert" opinions rather than actual customer's opinions on m4/3. The experts are not always right and may be giving Sigma the wrong impression of m4/3. If there are enough names on the petition, it may cause them to reconsider their product strategy.
  6. marcelolopezjr

marcelolopezjr Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 27, 2014
    South Florida
    There's significant money to be made here. I'm looking at you, Sigma.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
  7. speedandstyle

Sadly the petition has lost momentum and is stuck at just over 600 signatures. Sigma will not be impressed by that.
  8. tosvus

tosvus Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    I'll sign it. Did Sigma work out the kinks from their cameras? I seem to recall they were rather unresponsive etc? I like the idea of having that sensor option on m43 though. Even more, I wish they would take their excellent 18-35 1.8 zoom, incorporate speedbooster technology and AF for m43! :)
  9. speedandstyle

I would prefer that they simply make a similar lens for m4/3!
  10. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    I'd settle for a DP Merrill with speedy AF, fast operation and at least 300 shots from a battery.
  11. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

thank you , and welcome ... be sure to introduce yourself here in this thread if you haven't already ...

I signed it .. I hope someone, if not sigma, does make a body with a Foveon sensor.