1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Petition against the new cloud model ofAdobe software

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Zeus1, Feb 14, 2014.

• Like Like x 2
  1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    That now gives a massive incentive for alternative products to flourish.

2. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Signed!!!!

3. wildwildwes

wildwildwes Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    ditto.

come on folks. this is important!

4. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins

Well it isnt really. Is it?

5. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    Nope. I'll pass. Love CC.

• Like Like x 1
  6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I signed! I hate that you can't just buy PS anymore.

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    yep. right up there with poverty, war and over population...

..... oh wait....

Gordon

8. jnewell

jnewell Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 23, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Whatever else is true, it's hardly breaking news. :rolleyes:

9. YantaYo

YantaYo Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    Colorado
    CC looks attractive to me. Not signing.

10. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    A petition for the is useless because this is the way software is unfortunately moving. The upside is we won't have things that rely on old software. Downside is it is going to cost us.

The only thing hi really accomplishes is to gauge interest in other companies willing to fill the shoes left behind. I'm guessing it'll be niche, but it may be a start at least

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

11. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    As I wrote in the "found deals" thread about this, I'm in love with CC. It works out so much better. And as long as Adobe keeps innovating, I don't see them going anywhere. I saw this same backlash against tablets when they were first released, and now everyone that scoffed at them is eating crow. The same has happened to this software model: true customers get a big break by going to subscription-based. The biggest demographic that's hurt are software pirates, which by definition were never customers in the first place.

For the record, Microsoft's Office 365 has worked out very well for me also. Calculate out your costs before poo-pooing new ideas. Embrace the paradigm shifts.

12. EileenSeattle

EileenSeattle New to Mu-43

Feb 14, 2014
    I just wish Adobe would fix the scaling dpi problem with Photoshop used on Windows high resolution laptops. Amazingly bad with super tiny menus. Huge issue.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5793832

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    I'm actually willing to give the cloud a try before I rally against it. Also, I'm not signing an online petition that wants my street address as a mandatory part of the process.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I worked out the costs and it's far from cost-effective. The same applies to Office 365. As I said, the void will be filled. If Adobe does the same with Lightroom, I'll go back to Capture 1.

• Like Like x 1
  15. riverr02

riverr02 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    New York
    Rafael
    Hate to say, but petitions like this rarely have any impact. The only thing that does would be to vote with your wallet. If you like it, go ahead and buy it. If the model is abhorrent to you, then don't. If enough people feel as you do, any company would get the message and adapt to get your cash.

16. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    I bought Lightroom with a Teachers license a month ago, and I'm happy for that. Cost me 85$. That would quickly have cost me quite a lot more with their CC license. Also, I do not like Adobes CC app and the updater, I like to keep them off of my computer.

However, If they lower their prices to a realistic level, which I don't think they're at ATM, I might start using CC eventually.

17. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That is NOT true! I have signed many petitions from Change.org and about half have caused full or partial change. Adobe knows that it has pissed off a lot of customers that is why they offered the reduced rate "photographer's" CC program. I personally would have gone for that if the price didn't go up after the first year{right now it is $9.99 a month but after the first year the prices goes up to the $19.99!}. The other problem I have is that they only take credit cards which cost you more and I like many other people avoid using them if I can.

18. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Yawn. It's not a particularly well written petition, the text may as well say "WE'RE MAD!" I'm one of those people who signed up for CC even before the retail stuff was discontinued.

19. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    I get the not wanting to use a credit card, but how does it cost you money to use it? Pay it off on time and it is essentially a Net 30 payment.