Peruvian mountain shepherd

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by phrenic, Aug 19, 2011.

1. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    3 slightly different shots..curious as to what you guys prefer. I like the closest shot, seems more intimate, but the other shots show a bit more of the environment and context.

These shots were taken with the ancient G1 and Oly 40-150mm... which I found surprising useful and sharp. Fairly fast focusing to boot.

C&C welcome. :)

View attachment 173200

View attachment 173201

View attachment 173202

• Like Like x 4
  2. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Chicago
    I'm drawn to the 2nd shot - he seems to be looking out into the valley. It's a shame the sky is blown out, but I suppose it's better that the man is properly exposed.

I think the first shot would be more interesting with framing that showed movement or otherwise creates some tension, but nice sharp detail is there nonetheless. I immediately noticed the Nautica sweater.

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Very nice. I agree, the second shot is great.

4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I like the first one myself; it has more personality.

5. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    +1 on the second shot.
    But maybe a little bit more color pop, like the first image? Or maybe that's just me. :wink:

6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    It's the second shot for me by a hair...

It's more personal in shot one as we can see his face.

Good stuff.

Alan

7. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Interesting thoughts, thanks guys. I'll put a few min into LR and see if i can work on the blown skies and colours and return..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.