Peruvian mountain shepherd

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by phrenic, Aug 19, 2011.

1. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    3 slightly different shots..curious as to what you guys prefer. I like the closest shot, seems more intimate, but the other shots show a bit more of the environment and context.

These shots were taken with the ancient G1 and Oly 40-150mm... which I found surprising useful and sharp. Fairly fast focusing to boot.

C&C welcome. :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. s0nus

s0nus Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    I'm drawn to the 2nd shot - he seems to be looking out into the valley. It's a shame the sky is blown out, but I suppose it's better that the man is properly exposed.

I think the first shot would be more interesting with framing that showed movement or otherwise creates some tension, but nice sharp detail is there nonetheless. I immediately noticed the Nautica sweater.
  3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Very nice. I agree, the second shot is great.
  4. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    I like the first one myself; it has more personality.
  5. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    +1 on the second shot.
    But maybe a little bit more color pop, like the first image? Or maybe that's just me. :wink:
  6. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    It's the second shot for me by a hair...

It's more personal in shot one as we can see his face.

Good stuff.

7. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Interesting thoughts, thanks guys. I'll put a few min into LR and see if i can work on the blown skies and colours and return..