Peruvian and Bolivian landscapes

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by phrenic, Sep 12, 2011.

1. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010

Moon Valley, La Paz..named for the erosion patterns in the soft stone. Stitched using a free app called Hugin I believe.

Next 3 shots are from the Peruvian luxury train ride from Cuzco to Puno

View out of a fast moving train..I love the colours and reflection, but a shame there's not a more interesting focal point to draw the eye. :frown:

A little more intimate, though lacking the same reflection aspect.

And I just couldn't resist the curving train shot hehe.

Any c&c to help me improve is welcome.

• Like Like x 9
  2. The train shot may be cliche but is still really cool. I love #3, possibly even more so with some of the foreground cropped out. #2 is also interesting because of the multiple layers.

3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Wow, thanks so much for the lovely shots. I've spend a lot of time in Bolivia, and your shots evoke the feeling of the place perfectly.

4. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I really like the train shot. The colors are very rich and warm. The reflection of the sky and particularly the reflection of the train in the window give an added dimension to this photo.

5. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks for all the comments. :smile:

Yeah the train shot is cliche, but for a reason I suppose. At least it's a little more interesting with the reflection and the wide angle perspective.

I'll have to try a tighter crop on #3..maybe cut out the mountains on the top which didn't come out very well anyways.

6. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    Thanks for sharing your travel adventures! They are really great shots. :)

--Warren