1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Perspective control solution for 4/3rds & m4/3rds users?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Rambling Sam, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Rambling Sam

Rambling Sam Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2016
    Reading, Berkshire, UK
    Sam
    Many years ago Olympus produced two shift lenses for the OM1, these being a 35mm and 24mm. Unfortunately, the more 'useful' one (24mm) is collectable and expensive! However, it looks like a solution to the lack of a PC lens for these formats, could well be Laowa's 15mm FF wide angle which has a shift function built into it, once a suitable adaptor is used between the lens and the body. Below are links to 2 of the reviews I've encountered:
    Venus Optics Introduces Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide-Angle Macro Lens

Wide Angle Macro Fun With The Laowa 15mm Lens

Since this lens is designed to cover the FF 35mm film format, the odds are that any of the failings which this lens exhibits (Shading and fringing) at the edge of the frame, are less likely to be present and of course, being 15mm, this is wider than the versions Olympus originally sold. I've heard of Shift as well as Tilt & Shift adaptors being made in China, BUT it seems these also come with unwanted compromises.

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus Mu-43 Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    Good idea. I could be interested in one of those. :)

3. Rambling Sam

Rambling Sam Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2016
    Reading, Berkshire, UK
    Sam
    Certainly wider and cheaper than the 24mm Zukio, which sell s/hand for more than £1000!

4. ionian

ionian Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Simon
    This is exactly the lens I was going to suggest; I'd love to see how it performs on a m43 camera, and how sharp it would be for landscapes at 30mm equivellant.

5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    If you want wider, you might try the Samyang 14/2.8 (it's been available for a while) with the Kipon shift adapter. The Samyang is a solid lens, and I've had good experiences with Kipon (though not specifically with their shift adapter).

6. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    Lensbaby has I think. But those are not so good maybe

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk