1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Perfect bag for hiking, mountain biking, skiing, etc with the Panasonic GM1: Lowepro Dashpoint 20

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by boulderjoe, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    I picked up a GM1 to use while going fast and light hiking or mountain biking.... or with friends who didn't want to wait for me to grab my camera out of my camelback. It is great for that, especially when carried in a Lowepro Dashpoint 20.

[​IMG]
    IMG_0147.

More pics:
    http://robonza.blogspot.com/2014/06/review-lowepro-dashpoint-20.html

Has anyone else found a good bag for the GM1?

Cheers,
    -Joe

• Like Like x 1
  2. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Not a bad looking bad, too small for my uses though. I take too many lenses with me when I hike.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    I use exactly this for my GM1. I think Djarum has missed the point, it is very small because that's how we want it to be.

4. karma

karma Mu-43 Regular

Jan 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Peter
    Thanks for sharing. Just ordered one to use with my E-PL5 + P12-32. I've been wanting something that would allow me quicker access to my camera than digging into my bag. The price is great!

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I, like Djarum, take too many lenses for something of that size to work for me. I've opted for the Think Tank Turnstyle 5 instead.

I will say, though, that I like the strap system. I can see that being something I would use if I had and only carried a Fuji X100s or it might work with just the EM5 and a pancake lens...or maybe I can fit it in there with the 17/1.8 attached? Might have to look at dimensions. I tend to shoot street with the EM5 and 17/1.8 a lot and might be a nice alternative. I could just put the 45/1.8 in my cargo shorts pocket.

6. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    I used (and still use on occasion) that bag with a GX1 and the P20 or P14. Great hiking bag.

7. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    Sorry I should have been more clear. I use this when I only have 5 seconds to grab the camera and take a pic, almost like a holster.

When taking the EM5 I use either an insert in a pack, Lowepro Flipside or the Lowepro Dashpoint 30. The dashpoint 30 will fit an EM5 with a lens as large as the 12mm on it.

But for holding the GM1 on the go this little bag is super nice!

-Joe