People in New York State, Or Near NYC.... who wants to take a Photo walk?

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by RDM, May 25, 2014.

1. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

NYC, New York State, Or Near NYC.... who wants to take a Photo walk?

OK, SO some of you may think.. well there is already a New York meet and greet thread, why start a new one?

Well, because I been posting for about a year and it has been pretty much inactive for over a year and no one has ever seriously replied or contacted me to do anything.

I am trying to get something started; I live in the lower Hudson Valley area and want to know if anyone in the area ( NY, NJ, CT or PA) would be interested in dong anything ??
    And when i say Area , I am casting a wide Net because I don't mind traveling, (or car pooling for those that need a ride)

I know many places in New York for wandering photogs to go, depending on the location for the majority of the people who are interested in participating.

I hope there is more than One other person besides me that is interested for some scenic photography, but if not, and there is only One person, then that other person and I can still plan to have a nice outing.

So please let me know if there is any interest, by any one, for a meet.

2. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    NYC user here & I'm interested! Only moved here last year, but will be moving to North Carolina in Aug, so I've been wanting to capture more images of the city before my time runs up!

3. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Sweet.. I would suspect there are many in the city who would like to do something. We just need to hear from them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Soo...
    Still no one interested?

I tried Messaging Taz back in May, but got no response there or here.

If anyone wants a Meet, please send me a Message in addition to a reply here.

tHANKS

5. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    I am interested. I am in Westchester county. I moved here a few months ago so I am open to your suggestions...

Serhan

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'd presume the M43 crowd in NY would be active. Us LA shooters have been meeting up on fairly regular basis!

7. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    I have good success to meet people with same interests as me by using www.meetup.com - you may join existing groups or start your own.

8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Oh I do have some. Where in Westchester ? I have lots of family living all over there and I am there often; I also went to school at Westchester community college for a few years..lol. SO I know lots of places.
    One might think that , but you can see from the New York thread that has existed for years, that I am the last recent post and no members there have not been active or replied for a couple years.
    That's why I started a New thread at the beginning of last year, expanding a meet to anyone even near New York too.
    I have access to other photo clubs and walking tour events, but I would rather a group with more than just me using µ4/3 equipment. It is so annoying listening to the CanNikon users asking me about my camera choice and asking things like why I don't want to buy a real camera or something more professional.

9. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Hey there , I am in NYC area and would be interested in a meet up. I'll message you.

10. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

OK , I am so glad you have shown interest .. I have lots of places and Ideas.. too many actually ..
    SO to help me narrow down some choices, can you guys tell me what type of things you like to or are interested in photographing .. also do you mind walking or being out in the cold .. a couple of my ideas involve taking the train and getting off a a few stops along the way to take photos and then catching the next one ..and so on for a couple stops .. If cemeteries are your thing, feel free to mention that too. It use to be mine and I know some great and some old ones.

11. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Soo... I am thinking that we Should do some shooting in Westchester. Possibly something in a historic section. I was even thinking of looking into chartering a boat for a river trip to photograph things like Westpoint, Bannaman island, Historic Garrison, and some other places; if there was enough people interested that is ..
    But I would realy like to hear what other people are interested in shooting , so I can come up with an agenda ..

12. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Anyone in the Hudson Valley area wanna meet up for a shoot soon ?

13. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello,
    Ok, so since I never really got anyone interested here; I think I will just have my own outings, and I will plan and post them here. Soo if anyone wanted to join me they can.

14. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    You could always download the Meetup app or go to their website. There should be plenty of photo meetups in the NYC area. I've gone on a few here in Seoul and although the skill level is all over the board, it's fun since most are pretty friendly and generally very nice.

15. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I've been on many photo walks before. I still get eVites from different photo groups all the time. Heck, I have hosted quite a few myself.
    I just wanted to have one where I don't have to defend my current camera system choice.
    That is the main reason I kept trying to get one started from here in the micro four thirds community .

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015