Pentax will come with mirrorless system camera (non-u43)

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by JoepLX3, Aug 11, 2010.

1. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Photonika is coming closer:

Mirrorless Rumors | Home

Even with pictures (TBC):

Engadget 中文版

Don't know why link doesn't work, like below but without the "_" in front

_http://chinese.engadget.com/2010/08/10/citybank-says-pentax-will-release-evil/

• Like Like x 4
  2. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

I was real excited about this until I looked at the pictures. I wish they would have incorporated a EVF...

3. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Interesting to see that Samsung's follow up to the NX10 (the NX100) is looking like a flat rangefinder style body akin to the GF1 and PENs.

Pentex's supposed entrant is also a rangefinder style body, but with an articulating screen. Ever so slightly thicker than the GF1, so this looks doable for Panasonic to do as well! I'll keep my fingers articulated, err... crossed.

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I am quite sure that photo has been around for awhile, and is one wishful Pentax users interpretation via photoshop.

Either way, photokina will be interesting this year!

• Like Like x 2
  5. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    I am thinking Pentax is going to do a similar trick as they did with the dslr, samsung chip Pentax design but the same mount. You remember GX20 and K20D :D. Pentax has no extra funds to develop a new mount plus a chip. So 2 supposition either it will have a samsung mount like it was in the past or it will have a NEX mount knowing that mostly all new models are with sony sensors.

6. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Yeah, that is why I put "TBC" behind my link...

7. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    The real problem with all this is that it does increase camera options, but does nothing for lens options. With all these different mounts, Tamron and Sigma will be less likely to choose one EVIL mount to make lenses for.

8. JoepLX3

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Yeah, you are totally right and on top of that the prices of those lenses won't drop...