COMPLETED Pentax Super-Takumar 50/1.4 M42 mount

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by demiro, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    LINK Only up to $54 right now. Ends in 22 hours.

ebay copy: Pentax 50/1.4 Super-Takumar lens in M42 screw mount. Includes original front cap and what I think is a generic rear cap. Lens shows some wear on body, and has some dust/particles inside as might be expected on a vintage lens. Nothing that impacts image quality in my experience. Aperture clicks sharply; blades are snappy and clean; focus is smooth.

That is my ebay account/username xdrx. Feel free to message me there to confirm.

pentax2.

2. ryanlogic

ryanlogic Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

May 23, 2012
    Antakya, Turkey
    Do you have any shots taken with this lens that you would be willing to share?

I am interested.

also, do you have the m4/3 adaptor for this lens?

3. demiro

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    Here are a couple I just shot. On my Canon 40D. Don't have an m4/3 adapter for this mount.

First is at f/1.4; second at f/2; third is with Sigma 17-70 at f/4 with OS for comparison.

tak14.
    tak20.
    17-70.

4. ryanlogic

ryanlogic Mu-43 Veteran

0   0   0

May 23, 2012
    Antakya, Turkey
    Is the yellow color a lighting/white balance issue, or is the lens yellowed?

5. demiro

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0

Nov 7, 2010
    Shot them all with auto WB; the Sigma looks a bit less yellow. Some of the culprit is certainly artificial lighting where I took photos. However, if I hold the Takumar and an older OM 50/1.4 up to white paper and look through them I do see some slight yellowing with the Takumar. Never looked at it that closely, but have been reading more from links in your Fun, Fast thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.