Pentax Q10 or Pentax MX-1 - $199 ea at Woot!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by bigolac, Jan 2, 2014.

1. bigolac

bigolac Mu-43 Rookie

May 16, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Adam
  2. merosen

merosen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2012
    Somerville (Boston), MA
    Mark
    Sold out

3. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    GAS had been tempting me, but this is really one of those cameras that was made for an empty niche, that no one wanted. Glad I came to my senses.

4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I had both the Q and the MX-1 but sold them both. I actually really liked both cameras. But I just wasn't using them. When headed out the door, I would always reach for a camera that would give me better image quality or was smaller in a truly practical sense. For me, the Olympus E-PM2 and the Fuji XF1 get the most use lately. Although my new GX7 may bump out the E-PM2.

5. Tilman Paulin

Tilman Paulin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 10, 2013
    Dublin, Ireland
    for me the MX-1 is a really nice "take everywhere" camera. Not so much because of the size (it's not tiny) but because of it's versatility and quality.

I like shooting macros. It's fantastic for that.
    It has an excellent lens and a useful zoom-range (and the lens is pretty good throughout that range).
    The sensor and image processing are surprisingly good for such a "tiny sensor". (When I post-process these, I use the jpegs a lot, rather than RAW)

And... at these prices I actually feel comfortable enough to take it everywhere. Throw it in a bag. Put in in the pocket. Take a photo when you see something. Or don't :smile:

small MX-1 set on flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tilman_paulin/sets/72157639357072364/

• Like Like x 1
  6. yakky

yakky Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Ha, I use the XF1 and PM2 quite a bit too. Rx100 may take over if I can get a good raw setup. The jpegs from the fuji are unreal. Made me buy an XE1.

7. robertmwilliams

robertmwilliams Mu-43 Regular

• Like Like x 1
  8. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  9. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I do not know why but I quite fancy these little Pentax cameras, but I can not see any real use for them as when carrying a shoulder bag an m43 is no hardship and they are not as pocketable as others. Still there is no understanding of gear lust is there.

10. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I like them too -- I think Pentax just hit on a really nice design there, technical shortcomings aside. Though on the plus side they can used D-mount lenses, and C-mount without vignetting. And I've heard the video is good.