1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

'Pentax "Q10" Images Leaked'

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by RT_Panther, Sep 7, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    If that's going to be $420, the original has to come down from its current $399 price. I'll be waiting in the wings for a clearance blowout.

3. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I have been tempted to get a Q for two reasons.

#1 for extreme telephoto ability. Put a 300mm lens on it and it would be the equivalent of a 1680mm in full frame! Heck even a small fast 100mm would come out as a 560mm.
    #2 c-mount lenses fully cover the sensor so all those cheap cctv lenses will actually work right on the Q.

The reason I have not gotten one is that they are overpriced for what they are and the selection of native lenses is a total joke! There are 5 lenses total but only two are serious, the normal prime and the kit zoom. The other three are "toy" lenses - they even say so on them.

This new body does look like an improvement BUT Pentax needs to make a few more lenses if they want to succeed.

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    They seem popular in Japan and maybe parts of East Asia. Definitely not in North America or Europe though.

DH

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Just saw on "Mirrorless Rumors" that Pentax is also releasing a new tele-zoom for the Q system. The new lens is a 15mm-45mm f2.8{constant?}. This would be the equivalent to an 84mm - 252mm. A very nice range! If it is constant f2.8 then that would be very nice.

I also found a roadmap that Pentax published for future lenses for the Q. It includes the new tele-zoom plus a wide prime and a tele prime and a "mount cap lens". If these lenses do see the light of day the Q system will be a serious photography tool.
    [​IMG]