Pentax Q

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by VinVin, Oct 17, 2011.

1. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Hey guys,

I was just at the Henry's Exposure show on saturday and got to play around with a Pentax Q. It's extremely small (probably have the size of my E-P1) but it looks very fun.

There was something about the size of this interchangeable lens camera that really appealed to me. The only thing that bothers me is the crop factor of 5x... and the price of nearly 700 bucks canadian.

but seriously... I want one... kind of like a lomo type camera in digital...what do you guys think about the Pentax Q?
  2. sphexx

sphexx Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2010
    Harrogate, Yorkshire
  3. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I would be happy to spend $250 on a body to use it with c- and d-mount lenses. I just cannot see myself spending that much for another system besides m4/3. And if I did, the Nikon 1 would come before the Q. I am ready to believe that the Q will deliver pictures that are nice enough for everyday shots, just don't see the value for me.

4. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    The Q is a very interesting... toy...

For that price, I would rather spend it on the upcoming Fuji X10.
  5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Yeah, I'm a Pentax fan, but that's way too expensive. Under $400, maybe.
  6. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Yeah, the price is a little too high. I got to play with 3 toys I want and 1 I didn't this time around.

I played with the Pentax Q, Fuji X10, Fuji X100, and the Nikon J1/V1. I did not like the Nikon at all. I was completely captivated by Fuji and as for the Q it was really fun to play with...

If only the X100 was a little cheaper :(
  7. CarlB

CarlB Mu-43 Veteran

I've been jonesing for the Pentax Q, and telling myself I don't need it.

Sigh. If they'd just gone for a bit bigger sensor.

Why couldn't Olympus have made the E-PM1 as cool as the Q? Problem would have been solved. I dunno, maybe a nice Aki-Asahi skin on the E-PM1 and a half-case ... I do hear it feels solid and metal ...
  8. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I wish Panasonic would build bodies with the (build) quality of Pentax.

Other than that, I keep forgetting that the Q exists :smile: