1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Pentax Q

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by KaraSinek, Jun 23, 2011.

1. KaraSinek

KaraSinek New to Mu-43

Jun 23, 2011
    Ankara / Turkey
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Those shots really drive it home, don't they? The D3X keychain is too much :rofl:.

Welcome to Mu-43.com!

3. KaraSinek

KaraSinek New to Mu-43

Jun 23, 2011
    Ankara / Turkey
    Greetings Amin,
    i enjoy lots of topics at this site since i bought an E-PL1 last week... i am waiting my adapters(110,m39,m42,pk,md) to shot with my PEN :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    Just read some of the previews on this.

Very cool, but... Leaves me wondering, when buying out of reason (other than random desire); why would I buy this camera?

- not because of price
    - Not because of size alone as I could get a p&s with the similar iq
    - Not because of iq
    - Not because of durability
    - Not because of some unique feature or performance

so... Sorry pentax, cool, but I just can't see a reason to buy this camera.

5. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    OMG I want to take it home with me and give it a name!

Pentax Marketing, please listen to me - make sure that all products shots include another object in it so that people truly understand how small this thing really is. Keys, credit cards, cell phones, shoes, molecules, electrons, etc... Anything!

• Like Like x 2
  6. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    "Pixie?"

"Stuart Little" (in white).

"Jiminy Cricket."

Does it come with leather doll clothes?

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    it is entirely too cute. I understand your feelings John. But if you bring it home, you'll have to feed it, take it for walks every day and clean up after it. If I had more dollars than sense, I'd have the camera and the full complement of lenses and they'd sit on a shelf and look cute while I was out shooting with my limited edition silver K-5 (don't forget, I'm still in a dream here).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I agree John, the first pics I saw of it made it look GF2, E-PL2 size.
    Then the pic with the keys, really shows how small it it. Which is what people need to see.

9. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
  10. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    When I watched the video of it, it has the same 3" sized LCD as the Olympus PEN cameras, but on the Q the LCD takes up literally the entire back of the camera.

11. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    This is why people buy a Minox. I think Pentax have made a fun little camera. And there is no reason why photography can't be fun.

On a serious note, amateur astrophotographers that do planetary photography have shown an interest in this camera. This type of work benefits from very small angles of view/high magnification. This would be the first compact that you can mount directly to a telescope.

I am going to have to put my medium-format camera on my key chain. It can hang off the car ignition and be ready for those unexpected moments.

12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  13. Jordan

Jordan Mu-43 Regular

Jun 9, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for that set RT_Panther. Interesting looking little camera. Don't think there's a spot in my kit for the camera system. But I will be interesting to see where the system goes in the future.