1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pentax Q with kit zoom for $300

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Promit, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  2. Omega

Omega Mu-43 Regular

Oct 3, 2012
    C'mon Pentax, waiting for $200....

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Sometimes, it's all about having pure fun :smile:

4. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    But it's so small and the sensor is so small and the images don't have as much detail as a D800. I don't get it. :p

5. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    not even to mention Nokia pureview 808:eek:

6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    +1 The Q is definitely fun. I bought one for my wife. She wasn't enamored with the looks, preferring her old red E-PL3, but she does take the Q out of the house more due to the small size (it fits in her smallest bag). Also, she is really happy with the images. The 50mm equiv. lens (we don't own the zoom) is pretty great wide open and, obviously, you have tons of DoF with the small sensor. Family shots inside without flash come out very nicely (and it seems to be able stick to low ISOs most of the time).

From a camera/gear geek perspective, the Q body is just awesome. It is super dense, has lots of controls that work better than expected with the small size, and the pop-up flash is cool.

Interesting from a novelty perspective, if nothing else, but the pics aren't so bad either!