1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pentax Q - Olympus E-PL3 Comparison Review Posted at PentaxForums.com

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    EPL3 has unreliable auto focus??? While I haven't used the EPL3, I had the EP3 for nearly a month and the EPM1 for a couple of weeks. The AF was fast and accurate using the kit 14-42, 20/1.7, 14/2.5, 40-150, 40/1.8, and PL25.

Granted I never tried the 17/2.8, but I can't imagine it being worse than the 20/1.7, which isn't bad at all in my opinion when mounted on the EP3 and EPM1.

Weird.

3. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I've been using the 17mm lately for work & family related snaps and generally found the focus to be fine. It seems to have less more trouble than the kit lens in low contrast situation and is faster in low light. The area I've had the biggest problem is with fast moving subjects where it seems to get confused on occasion.

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The Wouter Brandsma (Love that name) shows what a creative photographer can do with any camera.

5. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I know what will be on my list during my next trip to Japan. The Japanese will buy these in droves and then wary of them. They should be a song "used" by the middle of next year. "Used" bodies in Japan can have as little as 100 activations.

6. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Finally read this review today. Sounds like a cool little camera, but just not really an option for me at that price point. I'd want the body + 50mm equiv prime for about the price of high end P&S (and not the X10).