Pentax Q Announced

Mu-43 Legend
Oops! seems they've just taken it down! I saw a couple of pages, though. Should have grabbed some screen shots!

Mu-43 Legend
I like this bit: Bokeh Control Filter
Enjoy effortless bokeh control with the Q’s bokeh control filter. Traditionally controlled through a DSLR lens’s aperture, bokeh is the out of focus part of the background that helps to emphasize the subject, drawing the viewer’s eyes to the most important part of the photo. The Q assists the experienced and casual photographer alike by offering a fine degree of extra control over image bokeh via an in-camera filter operation.

External Viewfinder Available Separately
Compose images and video either with the Q’s LCD monitor or using a shoe-mounted viewfinder attachment available as an optional accessory. The External Viewfinder O-VF1 makes an excellent accessory to the Q, offering outstanding compositional framing, even in the brightest sunlight where viewing an LCD screen is traditionally a challenge

Q-Mount Lens System
The Q features the newly designed PENTAX Q-mount lens system for convenient interchangeability with a variety of specialty Q lenses. Choose from a selection of prime, zoom, fisheye lenses, and more to suit just about any photographic need.

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
The bokeh filter operation sounds similar to the Diorama option in Oly's art filters.

To be honest if this is all that is being announced, I'll be somewhat disapointed...hopefully there will be a stay tuned or at least hint at a larger sensor mirrorless camera. It'll probably do well in Japan, and to be honest if it operates as well as it looks it might, and is priced in the enthusiast compact range, it should be interesting competition for the likes of the LX5, G series and other enthusiast compacts.

I have a strange feeling I am going to end up with one of the new Oly cameras when all is said and done - I really like the way they do compact!

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Sorry folks, there used to be a photo here. Someone at Pentax or their agency obviously made a mistake and posted pages to their production server instead of their testing server. I happened to view the pages and capture screens before they pulled the pages down, but upon further reflection I've taken them off of my Flickr account.

It's only a camera, after all. We can all wait another day or more for Pentax to release it when they had planned...

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I found a picture of it on a Lithuanian website that must have grabbed it from the leak before they took it down:

1524d1308785947-pentax-q-leaked-pentax-imaging-website-q-jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

SMaturin

Mu-43 Veteran
It definitely looks groovy.

I like the HDR feature, but want to know more about how it actually works:

"HDR Capture
In-camera HDR capture mode shoots 3 images of varying exposures, blending them to bring out the details in even the darkest shadows and brightest highlights of extreme contrast shots."

Does it instantaneously capture three exposures at once, so no ghosting occurs? Or does it sequentially snap three exposures at the 5fps rate, and de-ghost in the processor onboard?

Bring it on!

What is the Q lens mount, and will there be an adapter for m4/3 lenses?

What does this P&S sized sensor offer that competes with m4/3 or Sony's EVIL designs?

So many questions....

-Steve

jlabate

Mu-43 Regular
Nice looking camera. Tiny sensor though. What's the .,1,2,3,4 dial on the front?

Latest threads

Top Bottom