1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pentax Lens Question

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by GAN, Feb 2, 2011.

1. GAN

GAN New to Mu-43

Feb 2, 2011
    I hope I have chosen the correct place to post this question. If not I apologize.

I am not even a novice in photography, so please excuse my ignorance.

I have an old Minolta X-700 that was my fathers. I have a Albinar ADG #85750215 55mm, 80-200mm telephoto lens.

A friend of mine recently dropped the lens to their Pentax XL camera. Does anyone know if my lens will fit the Pentax?

again I apologize for lack of knowledge, just trying to find some help.

2. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 26, 2010
    They will not fit nor can they be adapted. Your friend should be able to get a cheap replacement at either KEH.com or ebay.

3. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    Well, you are almost right MD flange distance is shorter than Pentax K BUT an optical adapter is possible for a small period of time , then you will need to get a replacement as the image quality is reduced by the optics of the adapter. So in other words 2 choice , getting a camera or getting an adapter that will worsen you image quality. I would go for the camera :) 

Ilia Koltsov.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.