Pentax K to Micro 4/3 adapter

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by elrockers, May 20, 2010.

1. elrockers

elrockers New to Mu-43

May 4, 2010
    Hello all,

I would like to use a Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm f:1.4 M42 on the Olympus E-P2 body. Who makes the best Pentax K to Micro 4/3 adapter? Where can I buy it?

Thank you.

2. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Depends how much you want to pay - the Chinese ones are about £30/£40 ............ and the expensive ones are 4 times that price

I have both in Leica M mount and there is not really much difference
    I have a Canon, Nikon and Konica ones - all Chinese and I have no complaints

I am waiting for the M43 to K - again from China

EBay, RJ or Bonds - they arrive in less than a week - or you can buy them locally in the US or UK from Chinese guys who are bringing them in in "Bulk"

Is it Pentax screw or K fitting that you want as you mention M42 and K - the screw ones are cheaper

3. MikeB10

MikeB10 Mu-43 Regular

4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Its essentially just a piece of metal that sets the lens at the appropriate distance from the sensor, as long as it says it will focus to infinity (and does when you get it), you're good. Novoflex makes adapters for K mount that have an aperture lever (still manual, it approximates stopping down the lens, but doesn't have actual defined aperture marks), which runs close to $200.00. If you need an m42 mount, just get the m4/3 to m42 adapter - anything from ebay will do. (there is no point picking a particular brand, they are all machined metal extensions, nothing more, nobody has ever complained about a particular adapter from ebay that I have read here or on dpreview).

5. iliakoltsov

iliakoltsov Mu-43 Regular

Aug 7, 2010
    Paris
    Guys focus to infinity depends ........ On most chinese cheap adapters it will focus a bit beyond to ensure that you have infinity. Then it is not a problem :p.

6. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Actually that can be a big problem. Focus beyond infinity may sound good, but in practice it makes for blurry photos when you try to catch something far away in focus and the infinity stop on the lens doesn't correspond to actual infinity focus. Ask me how I know... Given what I know now, I'd buy the Novoflex adapter in a second if it ensures perfect infinity focus, and if it fits perfectly. I've spent about that much in money, and much more than that in time making the cheap adapters work properly.

7. Brianetta

Brianetta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    North East England
    Brian Ronald
    My Pentax adapter focuses beyond infinity. I do not rely on the focus stop; I line up the left hand 8 on the DOF indicator with infinity, as if it were the focus index line. In fact, that 8 holds good for any distance. You just need to know your tools.

What do I lose for focus beyond infinity? Two centimetres at the near end. I can live with that.

8. nikki

nikki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2010
    dublin ireland
    SRB GRITURN in the UK do it for £47 pounds i think ,I was looking for adapters for olympus om and pentax and found them the cheapest with good quality