1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Pentax K-01 Yellow 40mm Kit - $316.95 @amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by pxpaulx, Dec 28, 2012.

1. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Regardless of what you think of the looks, I recently (albeit briefly) only one of these and it was a spectacularly fun, straight-forward camera to use. The 40mm is based on the Pentax 40mm Limited lens, and is a perfect match to the camera. At this price I figured it is worth posting. According to a post over at pentax forums Amazon ran this price recently and honored it for back- ordered cameras as well (it is currently listed as back-ordered). Price likely won't last long!

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow)

Edit: Amin (or Mod) feel free to fix the link to get the affiliate funds!

• Like Like x 1
  2. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    I'm very tempted to get one (in black, though) for that price! If only I hadn't already spent so much on gifts for others (and gear for myself) this holiday season.

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I had the black one and it is certainly nice - the stock photos of the yellow one make it appear much brighter than it is though, real-life photos of it show a more muted tone (at least, as muted as yellow can be, haha). I sold the k-01 to fund my d600, but at this price I want it back - I kind of regretted not getting the yellow after seeing some photos of it later on. For saving over $100, I wouldn't be too concerned about the color.

4. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    They're still available for $316 but out of stock!:rolleyes:

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I am still thinking about selling mine, even though the resale value has been destroyed.

At the end of the day for me (someone without a stockpile of cool K lenses), I don't find the K-01's output to be better than the OM-D and I do now miss having a viewfinder. Plus, just having it here sitting on the shelf, there is a constant threat of sudden GAS with those nice Pentax Limited primes.

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    They were out of stock when I listed it...from what I've read they honored the price last time for out of stock orders so that is why I listed it anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    LOL, I sold my K-01 to fund the D600, and I bought one of these at this price last weekend.

What put me over the edge was finding out about reprogramming the 50-135mm EEPROM to be screwdrive-only. Which I haven't done yet, but plan to soon.

8. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Make no mistake, me saying 'i want it back' meant I bought one! A camera of this quality with a quality compact prime lens is simply a no-brainer. Bring on the yellow grip!

I've never had an inkling of a problem with my 50-135mm, but I do own a k100d (non-super) partially just in case it fails (also for handheld IR photography). I did see that reprogramming thread over at pentax forums, good to know it is available (should have been an official release long ago).

9. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    Ugliest camera ever. In for 2 ( when they ship). Thanks!

10. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Hahaha, nice. I was totally on the fence about it (the first one, not this time!), but to be completely honest I'd always wanted Pentax to make a small, chunky, boxy camera that was simple to use like an older film camera - this is that camera. Jog dial, mode dial, exposure comp, set the rest of the menu up to your liking and forget about it.

11. dwrk

dwrk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    groupon had it for $299 last week i think...sold more than 240 units...i couldn't get in on time...