1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Pentax K-01 Yellow 40mm Kit - $316.95 @amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by pxpaulx, Dec 28, 2012.

1. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Regardless of what you think of the looks, I recently (albeit briefly) only one of these and it was a spectacularly fun, straight-forward camera to use. The 40mm is based on the Pentax 40mm Limited lens, and is a perfect match to the camera. At this price I figured it is worth posting. According to a post over at pentax forums Amazon ran this price recently and honored it for back- ordered cameras as well (it is currently listed as back-ordered). Price likely won't last long!

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow)

Edit: Amin (or Mod) feel free to fix the link to get the affiliate funds!

• Like Like x 1
  2. kevwilfoto

kevwilfoto Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Colorado
    I'm very tempted to get one (in black, though) for that price! If only I hadn't already spent so much on gifts for others (and gear for myself) this holiday season.

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I had the black one and it is certainly nice - the stock photos of the yellow one make it appear much brighter than it is though, real-life photos of it show a more muted tone (at least, as muted as yellow can be, haha). I sold the k-01 to fund my d600, but at this price I want it back - I kind of regretted not getting the yellow after seeing some photos of it later on. For saving over $100, I wouldn't be too concerned about the color.

4. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    They're still available for $316 but out of stock!:rolleyes: 

5. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I am still thinking about selling mine, even though the resale value has been destroyed.

At the end of the day for me (someone without a stockpile of cool K lenses), I don't find the K-01's output to be better than the OM-D and I do now miss having a viewfinder. Plus, just having it here sitting on the shelf, there is a constant threat of sudden GAS with those nice Pentax Limited primes.

6. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    They were out of stock when I listed it...from what I've read they honored the price last time for out of stock orders so that is why I listed it anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Aegon

Aegon Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Portland, OR
    LOL, I sold my K-01 to fund the D600, and I bought one of these at this price last weekend.

What put me over the edge was finding out about reprogramming the 50-135mm EEPROM to be screwdrive-only. Which I haven't done yet, but plan to soon.

8. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Make no mistake, me saying 'i want it back' meant I bought one! A camera of this quality with a quality compact prime lens is simply a no-brainer. Bring on the yellow grip!

I've never had an inkling of a problem with my 50-135mm, but I do own a k100d (non-super) partially just in case it fails (also for handheld IR photography). I did see that reprogramming thread over at pentax forums, good to know it is available (should have been an official release long ago).

9. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mike Barber
    Ugliest camera ever. In for 2 ( when they ship). Thanks!

10. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Hahaha, nice. I was totally on the fence about it (the first one, not this time!), but to be completely honest I'd always wanted Pentax to make a small, chunky, boxy camera that was simple to use like an older film camera - this is that camera. Jog dial, mode dial, exposure comp, set the rest of the menu up to your liking and forget about it.

11. dwrk

dwrk Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    groupon had it for $299 last week i think...sold more than 240 units...i couldn't get in on time...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.