Pentax digital guys

twigboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Worth it? I know nothing about them. When he says they eat batteries, is it that bad?

Pentax K200d Dslr digital camera with accessories and carry case -... (craigslist.org)

I have the K-X. It also uses AA batteries (4). I find the batteries last a very long time, and actually is one of the reasons I purchased it used (batteries dead? head to nearest store). But, I use manual lenses about half the time. Mine has a focus beep even with manual lenses. Dig through https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/ regarding the lenses.

golftango

Mu-43 Regular
"Eating batteries" is subject to expectations, health of the batteries used, what kind of batteries. I have a K-X which is a generation newer than the K200. It has a menu selection to tell the camera the type batteries you are using. It has an 'AUTO" selection, but I find I get more accurate results by specifying if I am using Lithium or NiMH cells. I don't know if the K200 has this feature. In general, the K200 has a good reputation, and the price is pretty good for the entire kit. The Pentax Forums lens review link above is a good reference. Best of luck with it!

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Worth it? I know nothing about them. When he says they eat batteries, is it that bad?

Pentax K200d Dslr digital camera with accessories and carry case -... (craigslist.org)
Go for it! My advice is worth/costing gold!
Ask @ektar!

And I'm pretty sure this can use CR-V3, as can my K100D. But when using AA batteries, bring a couple of extra 4-packs!

EDIT: checked the picture of the battery compartment: definitely looking the same as my K100D! So, longer lasting, rechargeable CR-V3 batteries should fit!

And the low shutter count, and the 10MP CCD! You'll be so happy! And you'll get to use Takumar lenses with a low cost adapter. What more could one ask for?

Pentax K200D Review

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
"Eating batteries" is subject to expectations, health of the batteries used, what kind of batteries. I have a K-X which is a generation newer than the K200. It has a menu selection to tell the camera the type batteries you are using. It has an 'AUTO" selection, but I find I get more accurate results by specifying if I am using Lithium or NiMH cells. I don't know if the K200 has this feature. In general, the K200 has a good reputation, and the price is pretty good for the entire kit. The Pentax Forums lens review link above is a good reference. Best of luck with it!
I just checked my K100D menu. No selection for battery type. But I'm normally using NiMH AA's, and I have the IKEA Ladda 2450 mAh batteries. Cheap and cheerful! I'm not getting the impression that they expire very quickly. But, as @golftango remarks, it all depends on use of camera and type of battery!

ektar

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Don
@Erich_H is a great source of Pentax information and opinion. He is also a terrible influence.

What I've read about the K-xxx DSLRs is that the ones using AAs can be a bit thirsty. The general opinion is to get the "good ones" such as the Eneloops. HTH.

Latest threads

Top Bottom