Pentax DA lenses anyone?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by pawzitiv, Apr 29, 2010.

1. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    Just curious if anyone here has experience using the Pentax DA/PK to :43: adapter available from RainbowImaging? My understanding is that this adapter provides control of lens aperture (since the DA lens line doesn't have an aperture ring).

Would love to see image samples of how the beautiful small Pentax Limited lenses perform on :43:. Anyone?
  2. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    I was thinking the same thing myself, earlier tonight. Someone is going to have to take the plunge, buy an adapter and a few lenses to find out the hard way.

Bokeh D
  3. pawzitiv

pawzitiv Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2010
    I'm on it (almost)! I'm waiting for my GF1 and my DA adapter to be delivered .. I hope they don't get hung up in Canadian customs for eons.

Surely I'm not venturing where no forum member has gone before.
  4. arcueid

arcueid Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    would love to see some shots of the lenses on your GF1 :D

How small are they?
  5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    personally Im put off by lenses without a diaphragm with manual control

i make an exception for pentax and other 110 lenses because of special conditions concerning their original implementation , modern af lenses without manual diaphragm contro and a turn off , im sad for those with a sizable investment in such glass , raw deal

i hope adapters can get beyond these limitations as im sure much of the glass is excellentx
  6. geoffox23

geoffox23 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 5, 2010
    Brisbane. Australia
    DA adapter

I have just bought an adapter to try with my KA-mount Sigma 10-20 on my G1.

(I am not prepared to pay the AU$350 RRP for a Novoflex adapter)
  7. geoffox23

geoffox23 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 5, 2010
    Brisbane. Australia
    The Rainbow Imaging adapter arrived and is good quality, with a snug, accurate fit to the G1 and onto my lenses.

The aperture ring has click stops only for open and closed (or ON, OFF as shown on the adapter) with no stops between.

As the Sigma 10-20 is my only lens without an aperture ring, I have calculated and marked the adapter at F/8 and F/11, but with a variety of DA and auto aperture lenses, this will be a complication.

I tested all of my K-mount lenses at F/8 and F/11, and each lens needs the movable ring to be at a different place to match the click stops on the aperture ring on the lenses.

How do others with this or the Novoflex adapter cope with this complication?