Showcase Pentax 50mm f/1.4 Super Takumar M42

punkman

Mu-43 Regular
This is what my lens has written on it: "Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1:1.4/50 5846865 ASAHI OPT. CO.. JAPAN"

Should I make a new thread for it, or is this the right place to post samples?

punkman

Mu-43 Regular
Shot on an E-PL1. Most indoor shot at f1.4, outdoor at f5.6-8. ISO set at 200 for most. Sucks to not have all the metadata.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dixeyk

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks everyone for posting photos. I'm looking to add one of these lenses.

Question, with the crop factor this comes out approx. 100mm? Do you find that OK to shoot with? Handheld or tripod a must?
It's easy to shoot handheld. I have used it with both PEN and Panasonic G and GF bodies as well ( meaning no IBIS) and never needed a tripod iexcept in situations where one would normally use a tripod (long exposures and very low light).

njd

New to Mu-43
Not the sharpest lens wide open, but you've gotta love the bokeh:

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott

Livnius

Super Moderator
Real Name
Joe
Hey Fin.

Gotta say, you're posting some really nice images in this thread. This thread must have slipped by me in recent times i guess !

You've got a good eye for a shot and I like the subtle PP you do.....like your style and really enjoyed these images.

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the kind words, Joe. I feel like I've sort of taken over this thread...it's such a great lens! I'm just an amateur/hobbyist and don't have a lot of experience to compare it with other classic lenses but I really like the way the Takumar renders. More to come!

It's a little pricier than some other legacy 50s but I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a high-quality MF lens - if you're patient and snipe you can get a good deal on eBay. I think between the lens and m42-m4/3 adapter I spent about $75. Although with the Oly 45/1.8's reasonable pricing I can understand people choosing the native lens too.

spinyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I got this 55 at a flea market for $8.00.It has the radioactive glow on the front element,as you can see.The images don'T appear yellowed though.Here is the lens on my OM-5.<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/93416977@N00/7143344057/" title="OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5 by spinyman, on Flickr">
"1024" height="769" alt="OLYMPUS OM-D E-M5"></a>

Livnius

Super Moderator
Real Name
Joe
I totally agree mate....it's a great lens, and really fun to use, really epitomizes the term 'silky smooth'. Ive perhaps gone through about 8 or so legacy lenses in my time (OM, Helios, Minolta Rokkor, Carl Zeiss, Jupiter) and the SMC Takumar 50/1.4 is the only one I've kept.

A few weeks back I had a day out with it and posted in another thread, this thread is its spiritual home though :) below is one of the shots from that session, hope members don't mind the repost.

I had a hell of a lot of fun that day and I'm certain I'll take it out more often.

KVG

Banned User
Real Name
Kelly Gibbons

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom