Pentax 25mm f/1.4 CCTV

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by ohakdk, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ohakdk

ohakdk New to Mu-43

Feb 3, 2012
    Henderson, NV
    Panasonic 20mm 1.7 is coming to my door.
    I found a Pentax 25mm 1.4 cctv lens looks interesting.

Do they cover almost same focal length?
    Generally speaking, the photo from pentax CCTV would have toylens-like effect which differentiated from the one from Panny?

Thanks in advance

2. corona

corona Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    This lens is quite popular, see the thread here:
    https://www.mu-43.com/f81/pentax-25mm-f-1-4-cosmicar-c-mount-image-thread-4858/

I've got an unbranded 25mm f/1.4 CCTV from ebay (ie a chinese clone of the Pentax) and I get basically the same results.
    Paid $35 for it complete with m4/3 adapter plate and a couple of C-CS daapter rings (lets you kinda use it as a macro lens as well). I really enjoy it on my GF2 :)

Andrew

3. ohakdk

ohakdk New to Mu-43

Feb 3, 2012
    Henderson, NV
    Panasonic 20mm 1.7 shares similar lengh and effect to 25mm 1.4?

4. corona

corona Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I don't own a 20mm, just the 14mm pancake. The 14mm is quite different to my cctv lens, being quite accurate and crisp.

My cctv on the other hand gives a somewhat old school look to images, partly due to the defocussing towards the outside corners, and the slight vignetting. It also often comes out with a somewhat toy-like image, as if I was photographing a miniature model. I've got a few really cool photos like this out of it.

Otherwise the photos in the pentac thread should be a pretty good guide to what the lens does, and I'm sure there's plenty of photos around the net from the 20mm, it's a very popular lens.

Andrew

• Like Like x 1