Pentax 110 on mft review

timinsingapore

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Timothy Auger
The samples in the DPReview story don't look that great. I hadn't realised those lenses have no aperture ring - you are stuck on f/2.8 wide open. A shame really - I often use the K and M-series Pentax primes, and I hoped these would be a smaller alternative.

Real Name
Richard
Some interesting comments on DPR about the video. In summary, the 110 aperture was in the camera body, so unless you have an aperture disc of some sort in your adapter you really are shooting the lens "wide open" ie wider than the f/2.8 it was designed for. The DPR guys didn't have a disc hence the poor quality of some shots.

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
I'd recommend against the adapter he showed at the end, the lenses for loosely on mine, creating a tilt effect with the heavier lenses, and I had to drill the hole out for the camera's locking pin.

The Kipon adapter is perfect.

Real Name
Richard
Important photography question......

I notice that on the video the word "bokeh" is pronounced with the emphasis on the second syllable - like "bouquet". I always thought it was on the first syllable. Does anyone know which is correct?

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for that...in fact the little audio clip suggests in UK English the emphasis is on the first syllable, but in US English on the second.

Does anyone know how the Japanese pronounce it?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom