1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PEN Refurbs Price Drop Again at Cameta!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by twokatmew, Aug 26, 2012.

1. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    E-P3 black body only, $459; kits from $559

E-PL3 kits from $379 (red); other colors slightly higher

E-PM1 black body only, $189.95; kits from $249.95 (brown); others colors slightly higher

E-PL1 black body only, $119.95; new still $149.95

E-PL2 black body only (new), still $249.95

Amazing deals as Photokina approaches. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    Gotta resist till photokina!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi ..can u buy one EPL 1 and send it me in Australia ? Cameta is charging 120 dollars for posting which is unfair . I need a camera for my glove box and EPL1 with Panny 14 mm 2.5 will be a perfect combo .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

4. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    same here, Cameta shipping to NZ it just doesnt make any sense. :mad:

5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I guess Cameta doesn't want to ship cameras overseas, if they charge such outrageous shipping costs! I know overseas shipping with insurance is expensive, and the shipper must decide (should the package be undeliverable) if it's to be treated as abandoned or returned to sender at a huge cost. I've shipped overseas a few times, but only once was delivery an issue. It was a nerve-wracking few days for me and the buyer, but finally the package got delivered and all was well.

So I understand charging a premium for the risk and inconvenience. But $120? That's ridiculous! :frown:

6. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    im originally from Chile, South America before coming to New Zealand, tell me about shipping problems, for one Chile is considered a 3rd world country for companies and sometimes they not even ship to south america just by ignorance. Now here in NZ same thing rather than this is not considered a 3rd world country and almost everyone ships but at stupid prices specially companies from the state. Ive lived in the states and i know how cheap it is to ship within the country, a camera from NY to california could even be free but to ship it outside the states hundreds of dollars. If a package its going to be stolen it will inside or outside the states and if the seller or buyer is dodgy then you-re not going to hear back again wherever in the planet you are.

Its funny cause i know ive paid 20 or 30 bucks to ship cameras/lenses from the state to NZ with USPS NO PROBLEM. but companies trying to charge almost a hundred dollars to ship a small box it just doesnt make any sense and it is quite unfair for us outside the states. ITs easier and cheaper to buy the camera in the states send it over to some friends house and then he ships it with a "normal"shipping rate. the only problem now is that companies also doesnt like people buying and sending into a different address from the billing address....oh well....sorry about the rant guys!. :frown:

7. BSH

BSH Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2012
    WI
    It amazes me that there is still new/refurb stock of the EPL1, a first-gen Oly model. They must have grossly over-produced that model.

8. drp

drp Mu-43 Regular

Dec 13, 2010
    Virginia, USA
    David
    Wonder if they will take back the E-PM1 I bought last week?

EDIT: Never mind. I just looked and the price for the camera and lens hasn't changed.

9. myadidas

myadidas Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2013
    Viet Nam
    TuanAnh.Do
    products in Cameta is really good ?? so much refurbish cameras :(

10. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    I bought a refurbished EPM1 body only as a second m4/3 camera and a 45mm 1.8 refurbished lens at Cameta last year without any trouble: I am very happy with both acquisitions.

11. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    That is the way I have to buy my equipment, as I live in Colombia. I haven´t had any problem buying and sending into a different address from the billing address, at least from Amazon, B&H and Cameta.

12. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Sydney
    Do Cameta ship overseas ?

13. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    Zombie alert

:horse:

Please don't revive old threads like this one. The forum's thread index shows the date of the last post, not the date of the first post, so forum visitors see the subject line and don't know that it was for a deal EIGHT MONTHS AGO.

You could just as easily start a new thread, asking about Cameta.

Better yet, google Cameta and you'll find many customer testimonials.

:thumbup:

14. Reflex

Reflex Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    Joshua Tree, Ca.
    Any good deals on the Oly 14-150?

15. Reflex

Reflex Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    Joshua Tree, Ca.
    Amazon even cheaper

Amazon (Adorama) has the EP3 14-42 for 399.00! How am I going to sell mine now?!!

16. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    You have to understand that the status quo up to this point has been that if you pay at or close to msrp for a micro 4/3 camera, you have to fully expect to be lucky to get 20-25% of msrp on resale within 2-3 years - you simply can't compete with refurbs that are routinely offered at 70% off msrp. That is how the market has been running.

17. Reflex

Reflex Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 15, 2011
    Joshua Tree, Ca.
    How right you are.

18. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    You're probably better off buying used bodies that are a year or two old if you don't need top of the line gear. Or if you want new gear wait for the insane sales that start a few months before the next generation comes out.

19. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    That's the way I have purchased every one of my micro four-thirds camera bodies and almost all of my other cameras. There have been a couple of exceptions but it's a good policy to keep. Remember: Most digital cameras are simply consumer electronics now. My next target: an Olympus OM-D on close out.

20. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Yep.