PEN Pinhole Color Settings

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by faidz85, Jul 7, 2010.

1. faidz85

faidz85 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Hello all,

This is my first post in the forums. I've tried looking around for the solutions but weren't able to do so. So I am posting this here since it is unique to the PEN to have this effect.

Is it possible to replicate the colour settings of the pinhole effect into other shooting modes P/A/M without the vignetting effect? If yes, please advice.

Everyone loves the pinhole effect. The colour is just lovely. Maybe someone tried playing around with the settings to give similar colour reproduction and ultimately, we can get those colour without the camera "processing" the images.

I am aware that we can always PP the pictures but I would like to know whether this can be done in the camera itself.

Thanks all.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi faidz, first of all welcome and I hope you will ask many more questions here - we all
    learn from the discussion!

Secondly, I'm afraid the pinhole effect is completely 'canned' - you can't access the colour signature without the vignette effect. One good tip to remember, if you shoot raw you can apply any of the Art Filters afterwards - either in the camera, or using the free Olympus Viewer software. This is also a good way to find the jpeg settings you prefer, by trying different settings on the raw file and comparing the results.

Also, shooting raw allows you to shoot in burst mode (without the delay to process the Art Filter in use)

Sorry it doesn't do what you wanted, but hope the tips are useful.

Cheers

Brian

3. faidz85

faidz85 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 11, 2010
    OK...maybe to get the colour signature is hard. But since we can customise the colour profile to some extent, some of us might have found their favourite settings.

Maybe you can give some advice on this?

As for the pinhole effect, maybe we can achieve the same colour tone, shadow intensity etc? I'm quite new to this photog terms so correct me if I used them wrongly =)

4. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    The best thing I can suggest, is to shoot raw (or raw + jpeg) and use the free Olympus Viewer software to try out the different colour modes and contrast / saturation / gradation settings available to discover your own favourite settings.

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 2