PEN PAL?

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I've been looking at all these new accessories. The PEN PAL...

Do I understand correctly that I could pair the PEN PAL to my Mac via Bluetooth, go shooting, come home and set the camera down on my desk for the camera to upload its pics to the Mac? I'm trying to read between the lines of the features I'd never use to see if it could do what I'd like... transmit pics, not resized for the web, to my Mac without me removing the card, plugging it in to my reader (or plugging the camera in, etc.). Of course, shooting around the house and having it automatically transmit as I shoot would be nice as well.

icase81

Mu-43 Regular
I'm not sure about the PEN PAL, but you CAN do this with an EyeFit SD card. In fact, you don't even have ot be near your PC, just be in a place with wifi access.

SRHEdD

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I think it's needed to mention, that through Bluetooth it will take much more time to transfer those pictures than with your reader.
I think I see that in their specs. They are using a 1.9MB image as a sample JPEG, but mine are often nearly 3x that. I see that my local WallyWorld has them, so I might go get one to try it. I can always return it if it su..., er, disappoints. I'll post what I find here. I don't want all those other options, just simple, fast, image transfer once home.

fotomatix

Mu-43 Regular
They seem to state that the PENPAL is specific for photo transfer from your camera to your mobile device (eg. BlackBerry)?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom