1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

PEN PAL?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Mar 8, 2011.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I've been looking at all these new accessories. The PEN PAL...

Do I understand correctly that I could pair the PEN PAL to my Mac via Bluetooth, go shooting, come home and set the camera down on my desk for the camera to upload its pics to the Mac? I'm trying to read between the lines of the features I'd never use to see if it could do what I'd like... transmit pics, not resized for the web, to my Mac without me removing the card, plugging it in to my reader (or plugging the camera in, etc.). Of course, shooting around the house and having it automatically transmit as I shoot would be nice as well.

2. icase81

icase81 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 22, 2011
    Philly, PA
    I'm not sure about the PEN PAL, but you CAN do this with an EyeFit SD card. In fact, you don't even have ot be near your PC, just be in a place with wifi access.

3. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I think it's needed to mention, that through Bluetooth it will take much more time to transfer those pictures than with your reader.

4. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I think I see that in their specs. They are using a 1.9MB image as a sample JPEG, but mine are often nearly 3x that. I see that my local WallyWorld has them, so I might go get one to try it. I can always return it if it su..., er, disappoints. I'll post what I find here. I don't want all those other options, just simple, fast, image transfer once home.

5. fotomatix

fotomatix Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    Canada
    They seem to state that the PENPAL is specific for photo transfer from your camera to your mobile device (eg. BlackBerry)?