Pen-F, while shooting video, S-AF and touch screen doesnt work to focus?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by wyluncustoms, Apr 25, 2016.

1. wyluncustoms

wyluncustoms Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 25, 2013
    Hi everyone, had the Pen-F for about a week, came into something that puzzled me and if anyone can help, thanks.

Basically, when shooting the Pen-F in A-priority, using S-AF, trying to refocus WHILE recording seems to be non existent. Not only that, use the touch screen to refocus also doesnt work while shooting video. Right before I press record, it all works fine, but while recording it doesnt work. C-AF works when turned on, but I rather have more control w/ the S-AF (or even the touch screen).

And I'm assuming my camera works 100% fine b/c in just normal A-priority mode taking photos, S-AF is lightning fast, and using the touch screen to press-shoot works amazing... just when it comes to doing all this while recording, its just.. doesnt work!. (as if disabled during shooting, and I've looked into the settings to see if such a thing exists)

I'm puzzled by this because I have a epl-1 and shooting video back then w/ that I can re-focus just by pressing the shutter no problem.. with the omd I had, I can do the same, and I even believed the touch screen worked while recording too..(if it didnt then sorry but I atleast know I can refocus while recording via the shutter).

It something so simple that I'm shocked I cant do with this brand new camera.
    So if anyone has insight on this or has a Pen-F and try it out yourself really fast, that would be great, thanks!