Ever since owning an olive Voigtlander Bessa R2, I have loved the idea of an olive green camera. Not just for the aestethics of it, but also because many of the people I photograph react differently to a nondescript green camera than they do a shiny silver camera or a (intimidating?) black camera. I've hoped and waited and watched for Olympus to release an olive version of the Pen-F ever since it came out, but to no avail. I even had google alerts set up for any rumors of one or a limited edition, but there was never anything. About a month ago a Pen-F came up in slightly-less-than-excellent condition for a more reasonable price, so I jumped on it and started researching how (and if) I could paint it and obtain a durable and professional looking finish. After a lot of research, I found a special epoxy spray paint made for firearms and hunting equipment, called Aluma-hyde II. It is a similar paint to what you might find in the hardware store as "epoxy appliance paint" but comes in colors other than gloss black or cream. While disassembling, stripping, and reassembling would have been the most thorough option, I could find nowhere and noone that had successfully disassembled and reassembled a digital Pen-F. So, I set out figuring out if I could mask, prep, paint, and cure without disassembly. I wiped the entire camera down thoroughly with alcohol wipes, cleaning in every nook and cranny and crack. From then on I only handled the camera with nitrile gloves. I also found a 4" 1/4-20 bolt, applied some masking tape around the threads to seal it into the tripod mount and to prevent it from unscrewing accidentally. I tried to even limit touching the camera with gloves, and instead handle it by the bolt. I used a chopstick covered with a small strip of sandpaper to rough up as much of the body as I could. It's important to give a little bit of rough surface for the paint to adhere better. I then cleaned everything again thoroughly with denatured alcohol, and then a tack rag. Masking the camera was a slow but straightforward process. Starting off, I put the camera in on a tripod so I could get at the top dials easily with both hands. I used some wide blue tape for the grip and the rear LCD (which I folded out and covered completely, and later used as a "stand" to hold the camera up when painting and curing). For most of the dials I fed the masking tape while turning the dial until it was totally covered. For the areas around the grip and mount I applied the tape and then trimmed it with an x-acto knife. I taped inside the battery compartment, then shut the door so it would stick to the tape. I check over the entire surface several times, paying extra careful attention to make sure all the edges were fully smoothed down.