Pen-F not saving settings?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Aniseedvan, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Picked up a pen-F at the photography show in Birmingham today.
    Not had chance to shoot anything yet as it was pretty late when I got back, got it out the box, etc, but I turned off the focus beep (personally drives me nuts), set the image saving to be RAW+ fine (as my em1 is), turned the camera off and back on, and the focus beep is back on plus it's back to just normal JPEGS.

Am I missing something here, it's been a while since I had a pen, my em1 remembers these between turned off, or have I got a lemon :-(

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I can't believe it's not meant to remember settings like that. We would have heard the screaming by now if not. :eek-31:

3. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    OK thought I'd try it again this morning - turned it on, and the settings were preserved. Very odd.
    Definitely needs some f/w revision, just trying a few test shots in the bedroom and adjusting the AF point locked the camera up to the point I had to drop the battery out.

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    There is often a FW update early on to fix rough spots in the code. We are all beta testers these days.

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Sounds like you have a faulty PEN-F. Mine does not behave in this fashion.

6. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    I'm hoping to give it a good test over the long weekend here assuming the weather is reasonable (or drag out the lights/background and upset the kids...)

7. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Where are people getting them? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I look.

8. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Looking at your profile location, it's not going to help you, but mine was from the UK photography show in Birmingham.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I got mine at a local camera shop. Midwest Photo Exchange here in Columbus, OH

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1