Pen-F not saving settings?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Aniseedvan, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Picked up a pen-F at the photography show in Birmingham today.
    Not had chance to shoot anything yet as it was pretty late when I got back, got it out the box, etc, but I turned off the focus beep (personally drives me nuts), set the image saving to be RAW+ fine (as my em1 is), turned the camera off and back on, and the focus beep is back on plus it's back to just normal JPEGS.

Am I missing something here, it's been a while since I had a pen, my em1 remembers these between turned off, or have I got a lemon :-(

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I can't believe it's not meant to remember settings like that. We would have heard the screaming by now if not. :eek-31:

3. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    OK thought I'd try it again this morning - turned it on, and the settings were preserved. Very odd.
    Definitely needs some f/w revision, just trying a few test shots in the bedroom and adjusting the AF point locked the camera up to the point I had to drop the battery out.

4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    There is often a FW update early on to fix rough spots in the code. We are all beta testers these days.

5. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Sounds like you have a faulty PEN-F. Mine does not behave in this fashion.

6. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    I'm hoping to give it a good test over the long weekend here assuming the weather is reasonable (or drag out the lights/background and upset the kids...)

7. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Where are people getting them? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I look.

8. Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2011
    Northants,uk
    Looking at your profile location, it's not going to help you, but mine was from the UK photography show in Birmingham.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I got mine at a local camera shop. Midwest Photo Exchange here in Columbus, OH

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.