PEN F Hints and Tips

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry
Removing the SD card with an add on grip is a lot easier if you use the flat of the finger on the card surface rather than trying pinch the card. It takes a bit of practice but now I find card removal is just as fast with this body and grip as any of my other bodies.
SD Card.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Removing the SD card with an add on grip is a lot easier if you use the flat of the finger on the card surface rather than trying pinch the card. It takes a bit of practice but now I find card removal is just as fast with this body and grip as any of my other bodies.
View attachment 584717
I would caution you on removing the card as you stated as the pinch method keeps the card centered in the slot while only using the one side removal forces the card against on side of the card rails thus possible card or card slot damages could accrue as I damaged a SD card that way in digital photography infancy

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry
I would caution you on removing the card as you stated as the pinch method keeps the card centered in the slot while only using the one side removal forces the card against on side of the card rails thus possible card or card slot damages could accrue as I damaged a SD card that way in digital photography infancy

Since you literally can't pinch the card with the grip installed I'll take my chances.

SatyaR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Satya
The Olympus Image Share Smartphone App for Apple is not available in all Apple App stores. Does anyone have a workaround to install from the US Apple App store if ones Apple App store account is from a different country? I cant install the app :( :confused-53: Surely Olympus should make the App universal access!! I have Apps for Fuji, Sony & Leica to share images to phone- so disappointed that I can't transfer my Oly Pen pics :(

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
IMG_0570.PNG
The Olympus Image Share Smartphone App for Apple is not available in all Apple App stores. Does anyone have a workaround to install from the US Apple App store if ones Apple App store account is from a different country? I cant install the app :( :confused-53: Surely Olympus should make the App universal access!! I have Apps for Fuji, Sony & Leica to share images to phone- so disappointed that I can't transfer my Oly Pen pics :(
im in USA and and downloaded directly from the APP store into all my apple devices. Several iPhones and my iPad no issues works great. I only wish Nikon had something as easy Snapbridge is nowhere as easy to use

SatyaR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Satya
I unfortunately move alot for work- so my Apple App store changes every few years! I may be able to use a Android smart phone and hope that Google Play is not regional locked. Sigh..

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I unfortunately move alot for work- so my Apple App store changes every few years! I may be able to use a Android smart phone and hope that Google Play is not regional locked. Sigh..
Are you not in the USA surely you are able to get the app somewhere somehow good luck my friend

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Ok here you go
I went to the Olympus site
Page down to support
Page down to "Olympus share"
Download
Hope this helps you

SuperClaret

New to Mu-43
I'm just about at the end of my tether with this camera!

I've setup the DOF preview button as a "front" focus button and also changed the focus point to small. I've programmed the Fn1 button to reset the focus point to centre.
I also have the AF Targeting Pad switched on and use my thumb to move the focus pointer around the screen to select focus point. I've saved all this to my C1 setting...so far so good.

Everything was working fine until the camera went into power save. I woke the camera up and now I can't use the AF Targeting Pad at all, despite it being turned on in the menu.
I've switched off and on and even taken the battery out and replaced with a new one but still no joy. I really don't want to have to reset to factory defaults as I've spent hours setting up the way I want to use it.

Weird things have been happening with other settings, which I first put down to my inexperience. I'm wondering if I have a faulty camera? I updated the firmware to 2.1 since I got the camera
so all is up to date.

I'd be grateful of any advice please.

SuperClaret

New to Mu-43
Forgot to add that when I touch the LCD screen with my thumb, there's an icon appears in the top right of the EVF with finger over AF Pad and a prohibitive sign!!!!

SuperClaret

New to Mu-43
Thanks Paul, you're a star!! What does puzzle me is how I managed to lock it in the first place? I've since tried double tapping the screen to lock it
but nothing happens?

decades

Mu-43 Regular
I'm just about at the end of my tether with this camera!

I've setup the DOF preview button as a "front" focus button and also changed the focus point to small. I've programmed the Fn1 button to reset the focus point to centre.
I also have the AF Targeting Pad switched on and use my thumb to move the focus pointer around the screen to select focus point. I've saved all this to my C1 setting...so far so good.

Everything was working fine until the camera went into power save. I woke the camera up and now I can't use the AF Targeting Pad at all, despite it being turned on in the menu.
I've switched off and on and even taken the battery out and replaced with a new one but still no joy. I really don't want to have to reset to factory defaults as I've spent hours setting up the way I want to use it.

Weird things have been happening with other settings, which I first put down to my inexperience. I'm wondering if I have a faulty camera? I updated the firmware to 2.1 since I got the camera
so all is up to date.

I'd be grateful of any advice please.

You can also get into touchscreen settings in the gear menu, under K: https://static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/256464.pdf

AaronE

Mu-43 All-Pro

I keep these at my desk for the sole purpose of extracting the SD card from the Pen-f with the grip on. Works great.
20180113-_1130015.jpg

Keith1974

Mu-43 Rookie
Is it possible to program a button on the Pen f to out the camera into my favourite bracket mode (or the mode dial)?

Latest threads

Top Bottom